Any one else getting an ominous feeling?

GooglezNvincent

I am worried that my chams are going to get sick and die because recently this past week i have been reading about alot of peoples chams dying! I am really freaked out, hope all my chammies are fine.

Reading about death all the time is the worst part about the forums. I guess it just goes to show how delicate and fragile these fascinating little creatures are. I'm always worried that something's going to happen to mine.

I am worried that my chams are going to get sick and die because recently this past week i have been reading about alot of peoples chams dying! I am really freaked out, hope all my chammies are fine.

It is ok to feel that way. Some of our members have lost chams lately. BUT go look at the number of members we have. I think you would see the % who have lost chams lately is small like it always is.:)

I think one of the reasons I havn't been posting that much as of late is the "feeling" I've been having on this topic.

it's like the month of May came and took away some wonderful family members.
I know it might sound strange, but I've been feeling a little blue about all the deaths as of late.
I'm not worried about my little boy, but it's such a sad time on this forum this past few weeks.,

the good news is that there is a few happy moments.
people are showing off their chameleons in some of the best videos and photos.
there are aslo lots of new members and they found this great site to share their new pets with us.

Harry

Hate to ask but curious, because i will soon be a new dad. What is the mortality rate of chams in captivity ? Anyone know ?

I think this does happen sometimes (the shadowy irrational fear), and that it is a normal personal psychological event. When it happens to me I take a break from the forum. I don't want my judgment to be skewed by irrational fears, and thereby risk having a knee-jerk reaction, or overreaction, to a situation here at home with my own chameleons. Or, I limit the specific subforums I read each day until I feel better.

I am being totally sincere here, NOT making fun of you or being facetious. When we get a certain mindset there is danger in the possibility that we will subconsciously cause our worst fears to come to pass. This may seem "deep", and a bit too far out for some, but it does happen- and so I personally try to be careful.

Physically we are what we eat. And mentally we are shaped by our social discourse.

"All that lives must die, passing from nature into eternity." Keep you chin up, and take care of your companions the best you can. No worries after that...

:) yeah i had a HUGE boost! my little Jaquesy boy started to show his Ankaramy colors, lots of BRIGHT teal along his back spikes! and Googles is doing amazingly, i need to find a gram scale to show the big improvement. Also all my cages got refurbishes and gave all my chammes extra bio vines and fake plants and they are loving everything! So no worries here, but i still do feel sad for all those whom have lost a pet, a family memeber, and a friend. These littles guys and girls have a piece of our hearts, whether we like to admit it or not! Best wishes to everyone!

im not worried. Its just life. some times its like all you hear about is people dieing where you live then other times no one will lol.

Back
Top Bottom