Any forum members breed/sell meller's?

Tputtwhatwhat

I have decided that I want to own a melleri, as my next cham. Just wanted to know if any of the members are currently breeding or are considering it in the future? I'm not in the market for one currently anyway, but I'm just curious about the availibility. I have no interest in the WC ones. Thanks.

Tyler

I have been working with melleri and trying to breed them for quite some time. I currently have 56 eggs cooking that just passed the half-way mark. :D

Fluxlizard (here on the forum) also has been breeding them for a while.

In my opinion, this is the greatest species to keep. If you want more information on them, check out www.melleridiscovery.com.

Thanks for the site! I will check with chamNW, as well as other breeders when I'm ready to buy... But I've noticed the CB babies are relatively exspensive( worth it tho) I was assuming the price will become more reasonable as more become available(hopefully!!). Any idea what you will be selling your's for ?? Thanks.

Thanks for the site! I will check with chamNW, as well as other breeders when I'm ready to buy... But I've noticed the CB babies are relatively exspensive( worth it tho) I was assuming the price will become more reasonable as more become available(hopefully!!). Any idea what you will be selling your's for ?? Thanks.

The price of CB babies are worth every penny as SO much time, effort, space and $$ goes into working with melleri and getting them to breed. I can tell you though, you will not find CB's very often. If you ever see anything captive, it is generally CH, not CB and even those are few and far between. Because of the extreme space requirements and other factors, few people are/have been working at breeding them so those of us that are have been working at getting more CB's out there, but the reality is that you will most likely not see a huge amount of them any time soon.

I am not counting my chicks before they hatch so it is hard to say.

They really are incredible! I am so excited about my new (to me) girl. Thanks Julie :)

You're very welcome. And I know that you want to start a whole new thread on her, so go right ahead. :D Many people have already seen some pictures of her on here, so a few more won't hurt any..... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom