Amos and Fiona's unofficial scale-baby thread

Late update for Arlo
He’s finally leveled out his weight gain and is hanging around 132 grams. He had an unfortunate accident that left him with an injury to his tail but he’s healing and getting around is cage without trouble. Other than that, the weather has been too cold to go outside so I’m gonna build him some kind of playground over the winter so he can have some variety in his daily activities outside of his cage. Any suggestions for that are welcome!

Attachments

• 5EE86E45-8486-41C1-AF1C-608E35C704CE.jpeg
    5EE86E45-8486-41C1-AF1C-608E35C704CE.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 106
Late update for Arlo
He’s finally leveled out his weight gain and is hanging around 132 grams. He had an unfortunate accident that left him with an injury to his tail but he’s healing and getting around is cage without trouble. Other than that, the weather has been too cold to go outside so I’m gonna build him some kind of playground over the winter so he can have some variety in his daily activities outside of his cage. Any suggestions for that are welcome!
If I had room...I would love to have 4 large plants in front of a window and build a jungle gym out of branches around rand through the plants. Glad to hear Arlo is on the mend.

Despite having construction going on at our house, and strangers in and out of the house, Emma is a sweet love who's favorite place to be is still on my head! My shoulder is a close runner up! She weighs 90g today and is doing great! She's getting about 6 adult crickets every other day and about 4 supers about once or twice a month. Here are a couple pics. It's too cold here to take her outside right now, but hopefully by this weekend that will change. View attachment 213651 View attachment 213652

Oh my goodness, she is so adorable!! I love her name...Emma :love: Squirts little sister is a beautiful little girl :)

Oh my goodness, she is so adorable!! I love her name...Emma :love: Squirts little sister is a beautiful little girl :)
Thank you! You're so kind! She is a love bug. Every day, when i am misting her cage, she makes a b-line for my shoulder and just hangs out with me while I finish in her cage. Then when it's time to go back in, she tries to do everything she can to turn around and run! She's usually reaching for me by the time i have to walk away. Makes me kinda sad that she can't just hang on my shoulder all day like a parrot or something. But that would be far too much stress. She really is a joy, though!

Thank you! You're so kind! She is a love bug. Every day, when i am misting her cage, she makes a b-line for my shoulder and just hangs out with me while I finish in her cage. Then when it's time to go back in, she tries to do everything she can to turn around and run! She's usually reaching for me by the time i have to walk away. Makes me kinda sad that she can't just hang on my shoulder all day like a parrot or something. But that would be far too much stress. She really is a joy, though!

That is so sweet that she loves hanging out on your shoulder!! She loves being with her mommy :). I know what you mean, you want to be with them all of the time, but it's too stressful for them.

IMG_20181031_201726.jpg
Well, little "miss" Emma shall now be titled "Lady Emma"! Today (Halloween), she dug all of the way to the bottom of her laying bin and left me some tricks and treats down there! 40 of them, to be exact!! She's pretty exhausted, but will be getting some extra TLC tomorrow morning! She was still trying to cover the top of her hole tonight at 6pm, and since trick or treating was about to begin, I pulled her out and put her back in her cage. She was still using her back legs on my hand, as if she still felt the urge to bury, but I'm sure she was done. She got a good long misting where I saw her cleaning her eye turrets and drinking. And tomorrow, she will be getting her first shower and some dusted hornworms. I'm so proud of her! She did great!!

View attachment 216787 Well, little "miss" Emma shall now be titled "Lady Emma"! Today (Halloween), she dug all of the way to the bottom of her laying bin and left me some tricks and treats down there! 40 of them, to be exact!! She's pretty exhausted, but will be getting some extra TLC tomorrow morning! She was still trying to cover the top of her hole tonight at 6pm, and since trick or treating was about to begin, I pulled her out and put her back in her cage. She was still using her back legs on my hand, as if she still felt the urge to bury, but I'm sure she was done. She got a good long misting where I saw her cleaning her eye turrets and drinking. And tomorrow, she will be getting her first shower and some dusted hornworms. I'm so proud of her! She did great!!

Yea Emma!

Let me know if she eat tomorrow please.

Emma's doing great today. She weighs 72g now. Her grip is good, but a little weak. She got a good long shower and cleaned out her eyes. She perked up a bit during it and after her shower, she waited under her heat lamp while i prepared her breakfast. She immediately recognized her food dish and wasted no time going to it. She ate 3 big fat juicy dusted hornworms and then returned to her basking area to digest. She seems to be doing very well. I will be keeping a close eye on her over the next week or so as she regains her strength, but otherwise I'm very proud of Lady Emma.
IMG_20181101_091023.jpg
^^Pay no mind to the stink-eye! :cautious:

Back
Top Bottom