Amos and Fiona's unofficial scale-baby thread

Despite having construction going on at our house, and strangers in and out of the house, Emma is a sweet love who's favorite place to be is still on my head! My shoulder is a close runner up! She weighs 90g today and is doing great! She's getting about 6 adult crickets every other day and about 4 supers about once or twice a month. Here are a couple pics. It's too cold here to take her outside right now, but hopefully by this weekend that will change.
IMG_20180911_180104.jpg
IMG_20180911_180052.jpg

Despite having construction going on at our house, and strangers in and out of the house, Emma is a sweet love who's favorite place to be is still on my head! My shoulder is a close runner up! She weighs 90g today and is doing great! She's getting about 6 adult crickets every other day and about 4 supers about once or twice a month. Here are a couple pics. It's too cold here to take her outside right now, but hopefully by this weekend that will change. View attachment 213651 View attachment 213652

She has definitely gotten big! :) Have you tried Silkworms or Hornworms to vary her diet any? I bet she would love them! ;)

Hello sweet Emma! ❤️ Than’ you for posting her Michelle.

You might try other feeders besides worms. Get some isopods, house flies or blue bottle flies and some dubia.

I think I will be placing an order for some different feeders soon. I need to fix my roach bin. It got a little damaged when we moved. Flies don't seem to interest her.

So little miss Emma got a couple boxes in the mail, this week! They came from Josh's Frogs. One of them had 250 crickets inside and the other one had 25 each dubia and hornworms. The got to try a horn worm 2 days ago, and today, she will be getting some dubia! She seemed to enjoy the hornworm, but then again, so did Echo, at first, then he changed his mind. So we shall see. She doesn't seem to be too picky. If it moves, she eats it! She would so like to be a little piggy, but I can't let her be, for her own good.
Like i said before, we still have construction happening at our house, but she seems to be handling it very well!

So Emma loves her dubia and her horn worms! The horn worms are only a treat once a week. So now she has 2 different staples and 2 treats, and is quite happy. She has been showing some really beautiful receptive colors lately! I wish I could have gotten a picture of her this am, but my phone wasn't near by and as soon as I went to move, she changed. Her blues and yellows are just to die for! And the emeralds and light greens are really beautiful too! She still hasn't laid any eggs, so I'm thinking that if she did have a clutch, she re-absorbed them. But that's just my thoughts. She shows no signs of eggs now and has her receptive jammies back on.

So Emma loves her dubia and her horn worms! The horn worms are only a treat once a week. So now she has 2 different staples and 2 treats, and is quite happy. She has been showing some really beautiful receptive colors lately! I wish I could have gotten a picture of her this am, but my phone wasn't near by and as soon as I went to move, she changed. Her blues and yellows are just to die for! And the emeralds and light greens are really beautiful too! She still hasn't laid any eggs, so I'm thinking that if she did have a clutch, she re-absorbed them. But that's just my thoughts. She shows no signs of eggs now and has her receptive jammies back on.

If she is showing receptive colors now, I think it would be a bit too soon for eggs. Normally the gravid colors would appear and then eggs. Right @jannb ? I have not had females, but that would tend to be what happens as far as I know.

Also, you know the rules... ALWAYS HAVE A CAMERA READY!!!

:snaphappy:

If she is showing receptive colors now, I think it would be a bit too soon for eggs. Normally the gravid colors would appear and then eggs. Right @jannb ? I have not had females, but that would tend to be what happens as far as I know.

Also, you know the rules... ALWAYS HAVE A CAMERA READY!!!

:snaphappy:
She showed receptive colors back in May, right when we were moving. This is the first time since then, and no eggs in between.

That's why I decided when Louie was a baby he would start out Lil Louie...he is Louie now...and on his 1st year hatch day his new title will be King Louie. Squirt is very handsome. So happy we have these babies to Carry on Amos & Fiona's legacy.

I love it...King Louie :love:. These are beautiful little guys and I love it that they can carry on Amos & Fiona's legacy...I'm so sad that they both are gone :(, but we have their beautiful babies. Maybe I should keep his name as Squirt or name him after one of his ancestors.:)

Back
Top Bottom