Ambilobe has something wrong with his lip.

Ambilobe Guy

Hi my Male ambilobe is 2yrs. Ever since I have had him he has had something wrong with his upper lip. It swells out and dries and falls off and re-forms again. The skin that swells out is the inner skin. And there are n chameleon vets around here.

ImportedPhotos00064.jpg

I am interested in seeing if anyone on here has experience with this. I would love to know what is going on with this guys mouth. The first pic looked like mouth rot... You said it happens all the time....? And you have checked his mouth and around his teeth for abcesses or mouth rot?

You need to get him to open his mouth and look to see what the problem is. I almost guarantee that he has an abcess or mouth rot. If you need advice on how to get him to open his mouth PM me... Also like Jann said, a vet visit will probably be necessary.

See ya,

Todd

I believe Todd is right on. I think that mouthrot starts as an infection in the gums that goes unnoticed. Normally hard food particles get stuck in their gums and causes an infection.

-chris

I have opened his mouth and checked both sides a few times. And theres no absess and nothing stuck in it. Both sides of his lips do this. He has been doing it since I got him from the store. I have had him for close to 4 months now. And I would have already taken him in but like I said there are no reptile vets even 200kms from here. I have looked everywhere. His mouth isnt getting any worst or better it just keeps forming and pealing. Its just wierd thats its both sides. I was told it was cricket bites and thats why I never asked sooner. But considering it is coming back right after it heals I know its not cricket bites.

Oh and I forgot to mention that he still eats like crazy. And doesnt seem to be in pain..> guessing that because hes not grumpy and if he was in pain I heard they eat less.

I FINALY found an exotic reptile hospital. I will be sending Alastair there tomorow or tuesday. Would still like others opinions on what it is tho.

Quick guess is an abscess.He may eat for a while but an infection will be the end of him. Get him to a vet pronto. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom