Aggressive

Bmjo

Established Member
so I’ve given Zeus his space like you guys said and i got a new bearded dragon and i bring him out everyday and he sits with me as i play video games. And my mom keeps yelling at me saying that I’m neglecting Zeus when everytime i try to get him to come out he hisses and lunges at me. He use to be friendly but now it seems like he hates me. Is there anyway i can get him to be friendly

so I’ve given Zeus his space like you guys said and i got a new bearded dragon and i bring him out everyday and he sits with me as i play video games. And my mom keeps yelling at me saying that I’m neglecting Zeus when everytime i try to get him to come out he hisses and lunges at me. He use to be friendly but now it seems like he hates me. Is there anyway i can get him to be friendly
Chameleons usually hate being handled. Its normal for them to be ultra grumpy its in their nature to be defensive. As they grow older they also protect territory. Its very hard to tame a cham imo. Theyre just visual pets.

Ps show this to your mom to prove her wrong:p:)

Chameleons usually hate being handled. Its normal for them to be ultra grumpy its in their nature to be defensive. As they grow older they also protect territory. Its very hard to tame a cham imo. Theyre just visual pets.

Ps show this to your mom to prove her wrong:p:)
They also tend to go through a "terrible teens" extra grumpy phase as their hormones start kicking in....he's less than a year old, right? He MAY mellow out again but don't count on it. He's doing what he thinks he's supposed to do. Defend his turf. You are not neglecting him, you are letting him be himself.

Has anyone actually got bit by a cham?? Lol ive never heard of anyone on here that has but im curious to how it would feel. That being said, im not going to find out on purpose lol

Yes some bite, most are just quick snaps, but some don't let go. I even read about someone getting a pretty serious infection from an adult parson's bite. I'd be willing to bet anything significant is extremely uncommon though.

Has anyone actually got bit by a cham?? Lol ive never heard of anyone on here that has but im curious to how it would feel. That being said, im not going to find out on purpose lol
I got biten by my new 6 month old nosey be 2 day ago, didnt hurt at all but he would not let go lol. I found out i pinched his tail with the terrarium door and thats why he decided to bite. No blood no pain, juts a scary moment to both i believe.

there are not really just visual pets they can be handled you just have to invade their territory and get them used to you let him give you a bite or something don't worry about it he'll get over it real soon and just try as much as you can to handle him sooner or later hell get to know who's his owner just like my Cham she never liked getting handled and I just stood my hand in her cage and she got used to it to the point that she actually walked up to my hand I've been bitten by her it doesn't hurt but yeah just gotta be patient with them

Yes some bite, most are just quick snaps, but some don't let go. I even read about someone getting a pretty serious infection from an adult parson's bite. I'd be willing to bet anything significant is extremely uncommon though.

By a Parsons??? ouch

I was accidentally bit by one of my female veiled chameleons. I was hand feeding her a hornworm, her tongue shot out but the worm would not let go of my finger! I moved my hand closer to her to let her retract the tongue and she clamped down on the end of my index finger. Scared the crap out of me and stung for about a half hour. The pinch was the worst part. I was recording a video of it when it happened. My teenagers want me to put it on the internet to go viral. I told them I was cussing to much to put that on the web!

I’ve been putting off cleaning his cage because i don’t know how to get him out without getting bit. I even put a long wooden dowel in there and he won’t even grab onto it

I’ve been putting off cleaning his cage because i don’t know how to get him out without getting bit. I even put a long wooden dowel in there and he won’t even grab onto it
They wont really bite you unless they are very agressive. They will hiss alot though. It gets the same with my grumpy guy.

Yes, they can bite and some don't let go, grinding their very very sharp little teeth back and forth trying to saw a chunk of flesh off you. I've had one who bit down and I actually worried he would saw a big chunk off my hand. Any time I moved--breathed even--he clamped down hard and ground his teeth. He was like a little pit bull. He wasn't the only one, either.

Another one grabbed me on my stomach through my T-shirt when I lost track of his head as I was giving him an injection. I had to lie down quietly on my bed for about 10 minutes before he would release. Don't underestimate the bite of a 70 gram chameleon.

Yes, they can bite and some don't let go, grinding their very very sharp little teeth back and forth trying to saw a chunk of flesh off you. I've had one who bit down and I actually worried he would saw a big chunk off my hand. Any time I moved--breathed even--he clamped down hard and ground his teeth. He was like a little pit bull. He wasn't the only one, either.

Another one grabbed me on my stomach through my T-shirt when I lost track of his head as I was giving him an injection. I had to lie down quietly on my bed for about 10 minutes before he would release. Don't underestimate the bite of a 70 gram chameleon.

Agreed.... My adult male veiled is very territorial and always tries to bite me when I am in his cage cleaning. Luckily, he is more of a quick bite and head shake kind of biter and not a latch on type lol. Still has drawn blood more than a few times...

It seems my cham goes through phases where he'll be territorial for a few months then be very calm for a period of time.

Back
Top Bottom