Adult Panther, one week without food?

dlaunde

Established Member
Both me and my fiancée will be gone for exactly one week out of town. Our Panther, Ares, is a fully grown adult who eats everyday and has a fully automated mister and dripper. He's about as healthy as can be, last weight check was 164g and his hydration is excellent.

His mister and dripper can last ten days without refill and his lighting is all automated, plus the ambient temperature of the room never falls below 70 degrees if the lights burnt out for some reason.

Can he safely go one week without food? We feed him from a Tupperware container so we would definitely throw in a couple of Supers and some Wax Worms right before we leave so theoretically he would have food for the first day or two of the week.

Thanks!

you can throw a bunch of crickets in his enclosure for him to find over the week. although he probably wouldn't die from not eating in a week, it will still leave him feeling hungry so maybe you can have a neighbor check up on him once to put more food in for him. I also discourage you to feed an excessive amount of wax worms because they are supposed to be treated as candy to chameleons

Agree you can pop some crickets in there and maybe put some cricket food at the bottom of the cage in case they get hungry and won't munch on your chameleon because of it. But a week should be fine with no food that's how long my Cham goes sometimes when he's over eating crickets and wants something different or if I give him something different and he doesn't want to go back to crickets lol.

Yeah mine voluntarily does that sometimes lol. I find crickets usually hide/or don't last long. Throw some bottlefly spikes and bsfl in there(where he can't get to). They will turn into flies and be a steady snack over the week.

I'd like to rig an automatic fish feeder to dump some sort of bugs in my cages. Would be cool.

My panther is addicted to superworms and I once took him off of those to offer roaches and crickets for a while. I figured he'd break, but the sucker lasted 15 days straight before I gave in. His weight didn't fluctuate that much, surprisingly.

Thanks everyone.

From everything I read I figured a week wouldn't be an issue but I wanted to make double sure.

Back
Top Bottom