a reminder to everyone

warpdrive

Avid Member
Hi folks,

Well the 4th of july weekend is upon us and many of you will be taking out your chameleons to get some extra sun light.
Please be careful as so many of our members have lost their little babys while not paying attention.

Let's not forget that all it takes is just one moment to answer the phone or flip a few bergers on the barbie, and POOF they are gone.
They can travel as far as a mile in just a day or two, so finding them once lost is a challenge.

Some of us even take out more then one at a time.
If so, please don't free range them all.
Instead, use small sunning cages.
They will then be safe from birds and can't get lost.
You now can go back into your home to answer the phone or run to the bathroom without fear of losing your loved one.

Don't sit here thinking it won't happen to you.
Already about 5 or 6 members (that I know of) has lost a chameleon just this year.
Many of the members are well respected and knowledgeable, yet still took their eyes off of them anyway...thus losing them.

So this weekend, while your family is keeping you extra busy with a nice cookout in the back yard, please keep an extra eye on your loved ones.
We would hate to hear that a pet got lost because you ran inside the house to answer the phone.

Happy 4th to all,
Harry

That's a great reminder Harry. I meself have read those same stories telling of lost chams - the one about Lombardi sticks in my mind the most, which, thankfully, had a happy ending. It's so sad to read that someone else no longer has their little green (or other coloured!) friend. Amy goes outside in her outdoor cage and Tommy won't let go of me long enough to put him anywhere else, lol! They are far too precious to take ANY risks, however small.

For everyone in the US, have a great day tomorrow - I certainly will ... its my birthday, lol! :D

I have had the "OMG my chameleon is lost" heart attack a few times myself - Thank the Good Lord I always found them, but I'd rather not go through that again!
Happy Fourth Everyone!! God Bless America

Well said Harry, all of us need to be aware of our chams at anytime they are out anywhere. Each or the people on here who "lost" a cham did not think they left the chameleon at risk...... Wrong. :(

Very nice reminder. Great idea and greta point! To bad i wont be there to celebrate 4th of July but i hope you all have a nice, safe and cham tastic day tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom