A question about the nasal passages and nasolacrimal duct

I suppose that it's possible that some could travel back up those passages, but I don't think that would necessarily be likely, or something that I would expect. If her mouth was completely full and there was enough pressure to basically force some fluid up those I guess it could, but I would expect it to come out the nostrils way easier than up that small, long passageway. Out the nostrils would be a bigger, shorter path of least resistance, and fluid follows the path of least resistance. Of course if there was some kind of abnormality of her passageways (mucous buildup or scarring of the openings) things might not have been functioning as expected. But if there was a primary problem with the eyes themselves then the increased pressure in her mouth from eating could have just caused the underlying problem with her eyes to bulge them outward without anything from her mouth actually getting into that area. There is a large sinus cavity under the eyeball where stuff can get stuck with infections, which is why they can be so hard to clear.

well, she did come to me with only one eye to start. I do not know how she lost her eye- I was told an infection - I guess we will never really know- but I sure thank you for your feedback on my question - and thank you for all you do for everyone on the forums - you are a GREAT person to do what you do , we all really appreciate it - THANK YOU :D

Back
Top Bottom