A change of scenary

Ruganut

I gave Ringo's enclosure a good spring clean yesterday, and while I was at it I thought I would also move it to a spot with less traffic. When I started I kind of got carried away and thought I would get rid of some of the clutter and repot his plants to bigger pots.

It took me 3 hours to change everything around and I was so worried that he was going to get the hump, as I've read chams dont appreciate having their homes altered. Instead, he seemed to love being out and exploring :)

One thing that I wasnt prepared for was just how water logged his plants were. Some of the roots looked like they were rotting so I gave them both some fresh soil and moved them in the enclosure. Hopefully now they wont get anywhere near the water they were collecting whilst being misted !:eek:

I'm very pleased I did repot them and so is Ringo. He seems to be enjoying his new layout (although I have managed to keep his basking and chilling spots in roughly the same place ;)).

this is always the fun part! every time you clean the cage, something gets added or changed! fun, fun, fun!! :D

maxttu, 'fun' is a word you could use :p

jastate09, here's a couple of pictures, apologies for the quality (camera phone!).

Just a couple of things still to sort out. The water drains to the left of the enclosure and I manually pump that out each night atm. I will be drilling the end of the tray this weekend and glueing a funnel underneath (which I saw on another thread ;)) so i can direct it into a container, which will be way easier to empty :)

Getting the items in and out now will also be a lot easier: just a couple of vines, a few bamboo canes, and a couple of plants. The Pothos has a bamboo cane frame in the pot to train the vines and give Ringo so additional climbing features.... which he seems to enjoy for morning exercise :D

I will also be re-routing the electrics this weekend. Unfortunately the CFL's will have to stay for the time being until I have the money for new tubes etc. I've been thinking about getting the Arcadia T5 tubes as the uTube clip on them was very informative, what do you think ?

Attachments

• Enclosure 1.jpg
    Enclosure 1.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Enclosure 2.jpg
    Enclosure 2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom