3rd time egg laying

Would either of these work? I will check with the temp gun to make sure they’re the right temp too as long as they’re safe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 67
Since I’m a little less stressed today and my girl seems to be more relaxed here’s the laugh of the day: I went far to the only pet store that has hornworms today and when I went to the cashier she said “these might be too big for a chameleon”

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 84
Since I’m a little less stressed today and my girl seems to be more relaxed here’s the laugh of the day: I went far to the only pet store that has hornworms today and when I went to the cashier she said “these might be too big for a chameleon”

They are big. I only feed small and medium/small to my chameleons.
This is what happen to one of my girls with a medium size hornworm.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/had-a-scare-this-morning.51851/#post-485370

Last edited:
Remove them from the food. They are going to double in size fast. Pick the smallest in there. SOme of them are larger. May be hard for her to get down.
Gotcha! Some are smaller so I’ll pick those. Should I just store them in a container with holes for air? And if I put them in the fridge does that help slow their growth?

Gotcha! Some are smaller so I’ll pick those. Should I just store them in a container with holes for air? And if I put them in the fridge does that help slow their growth?
I put mine on ice packs. So I set the container food side down to the ice packs and then it makes the container much cooler. I cycle 1 day on and 1 day off. But I have never gotten them this big. When they are tiny it is much easier to slow the growth with this method.

I put mine on ice packs. So I set the container food side down to the ice packs and then it makes the container much cooler. I cycle 1 day on and 1 day off. But I have never gotten them this big. When they are tiny it is much easier to slow the growth with this method.
I don’t even think she’ll be eating any at this point, the ones I’ve injected died soon after and then she didn’t eat them because they weren’t moving

Hi. Just wondering how your sweet girl is doing?
Hi all. Thank you so much for being there for me and guiding me through. She’s still eating, walking around, and eyes are not sunken. She still has black on her which is concerning to me but I’m hoping it’s just stress (and nothing worse). Hasn’t been in the lay bin yet. I’ve increased her temps and added another misting time at night. Hoping she is able to continue being active and eventually will lay, the only worry right now is the blackness

I'm 99% sure that the black is not stress.
Usually if they don't lay the eggs at the right time they won't be able to lay them at all and will suddenly crash. I hope this won't be the case....but it usually is.

I would love to be wrong. I just hope she's not in pain.

I'm 99% sure that the black is not stress.
Usually if they don't lay the eggs at the right time they won't be able to lay them at all and will suddenly crash. I hope this won't be the case....but it usually is.

I would love to be wrong. I just hope she's not in pain.
Oh I forgot, I have the x Ray. Let me upload it and see if that can help

Back
Top Bottom