3rd time egg laying

Hi all! I will attach all the info below.. there is no huge issue I’m super concerned about, but want to double check with experts to make sure this is normal! This is my girls 3rd clutch, and she started digging yesterday. She stopped around night time and went up on a branch to sleep. This morning she went down again and started digging, I left her alone all day (I know they need privacy!). I checked in and she’s up basking, and she was digging in a completely different spot. Tomorrow will presumably be the 3rd day digging, is that ok? I know they have to make the PERFECT hole before they lay but just want to make sure this it normal and nothing to worry about- TIA!!!!

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? I have a little over 2 year female veiled chameleon.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Rarely, if not never
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I am feeding her every other day, 3-4 crickets gutloaded with cricket crack and veggies (I follow the guidelines of what fruits/veggies to feed the crickets)
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? On her feeding days, I dust the crickets with Repashy Superfood Calcium plus LOD
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I have a mistking that goes off at 730 am, 3:00pm, 7:00pm and 2:00am: the sessions are 3 minutes. I see her drinking soemtimes however I know they don’t like to be watched so I try my best not to be near her when it’s misting
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Her poop is brown, and her urate is the yellowish white. She has never been tested for parasites
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. I have never taken her to the vet, because she hates to be handled and I have yet to master her feeling comfortable enough to come out of the cage with me. I rarely If ever handle her.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? I have a mesh 2x2x4
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I have a heat lamp, that is on from 8am to 5-6pm, and a UV reptisun t5ho 5.0
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I have a Govee temp and humidity gauge, which reads 69 F temp right now (the gauge is more towards the bottom half of the enclosure) lowest overnight temp would probably be high 60’s
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? I am measuring humidity using the Govee gauge. Right now / during the day it’s around 40, overnight it’s between 50-60 (when the mister is spraying and the heat lamp is off)
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I have a pothos, I also have this tall plant, I forget the name but I will Google it (I’ve had it for about a year now, I made sure it was on the safe plant list.)
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? The cage is located in my bedroom. It’s a low traffic area. It is not near any fans or air vents. The cage itself is on a dragon stand , so it’s quite tall
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? New Hampshire

If she laid the last two clutches with no problems in the same laybin/substrate, this one should be ok too.

How many eggs did she lay for the last two clutches? Did she do it by the book?

If she laid the last two clutches with no problems in the same laybin/substrate, this one should be ok too.

How many eggs did she lay for the last two clutches? Did she do it by the book?
The process went fine the last two times. The first clutch was 38, then 47. Since then I’ve lowered her feeders (I used to do 6-8, now I do 3-4, and lowered the temp). I’m just curious why she’s being so picky / taking days to dig her hole this time around?

Sometimes they don't like something about the other holes they've dug. Did you change anything in the laybin since the last time she laid? Moisture will level ok?

another update: I just touched the sand (Shes asleep) and it doesn’t seem moist anymore. I’m shocked because three days ago it held a hole and today it isn’t. Do you think I should try to replace with new sand/dirt now when she’s asleep, or during the day tomorrow when she is awake? Ugh. I’m stressing

So I wanted to redo it this morning eith the sand and soil I had left... I had less than I thought but now it’s moist and keeping a hole.. do you think this is deep enough?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 96
Back
Top Bottom