100+ degrees today!

Anyone else got their chams out in this heat? Having a midwest heat wave. Been watering, misting and dripping all day. Came out this morning and their mouth's were already open.

Moved my chams outdoors begining of June. Some of you know I had problems with disco's eyes after the move, but all is well now. Today though was the true test. Got to like 103 degrees by 3pm.

He was showing some AMAZING vibrant colors earlier, but of course when I get the camera out he gets bashful. He is a year old this month. I hope he keeps showing me some of what I seen today. Here are couple pics I just snapped off...nothing special like earlier, but whats a thread without a picture or two?

Attachments

• IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 212
Had Oliver out for a while but in Texas I usually just stick to an hour when its a 100. I hate the days when it is 105+, no sun for Oliver :(

Its supposed to be 100 with the heat index tomorrow here in Maryland. Ill still have my guys out though and they are montanes. Gotta love living on top of a mountain where max temp is around 87:p

Waaaa, waaaa, waaaaa and blah, blah blah! Throw in some Houston humidity with that and let's talk! :D Eh, who am I kidding. Hot is hot!! :mad:

Waaaa, waaaa, waaaaa and blah, blah blah! Throw in some Houston humidity with that and let's talk! :D Eh, who am I kidding. Hot is hot!! :mad:

Yea and I'm not looking forward to moving in that direction here soon. :( But thats where hubby wants to move so thats where we are going.

But yes it was 103F today. I dont have any outdoor cages but I wont even let my son or dogs out in that heat.

It's going to be 100+ for the next seven days here!!!!! If I can get our guys out be 8am they may get 2hours of outside time before it tops 90........ Curse the deep south!!!!!!!

Not sure. I work in San Antone during the week. I did check the Galveston forecast this morning and at 10:30 am it was 89* with an index of 110*. 10:30 in the morning...

I always thought Texas had that "dry" heat

West Texas (The Panhandle) is dry. The further south you get (closer to the Gulf of Mexico), the worse the humidity.

I was in Arizona last August and never again! It's like walking into an open oven. :/

West Texas (The Panhandle) is dry. The further south you get (closer to the Gulf of Mexico), the worse the humidity.

I was in Arizona last August and never again! It's like walking into an open oven. :/

Depending on area. If you go closer to NM and Mexico border, Sierra Vista area, its nice there! Now if your talking about phoenix az, well thats a different story. It is pretty mucha oven. Its close to Death Valley lol.

my whole crew is outside here in San Antonio. I just have a misting system in place to showers them for 15 min on the hour from noon to 6. plus I'm home during the day so i also hose them down numerous times throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom