1 more day! All ready!

Well, tomorrow my little baby chameleon is coming home for the very first time! This is so very exciting. I've set up his enclosure and got everything up and running. Attached are some photos of my new guys' enclosure setup, oh and one of Gizmo's of course ;)
As for the chameleon species, well, you can take a guess or else you'll just have to wait for tomorrow's post :D

The new setup.
DSC_0205_zps11435986.jpg

DSC_0206_zps93844ed7.jpg

DSC_0210-1_zps8c78a699.jpg

DSC_0208_zpsb0eeebf2.jpg

Homemade dripper.
DSC_0215_zpsc01e9c10.jpg

Homemade feeding cup.
DSC_0216_zpsf8f9704c.jpg

This tupperware has a mesh top and is intended to catch the drippers splash off the leaves. It works quite well!
DSC_0220_zps16c678be.jpg

AND Gizmo's setup. He was following my camera and ended up on the pothos vines at the bottom. I swear he's the only chameleon that actually wants to get to the camera, and not away.
DSC_0219_zps62809c04.jpg

And together now!
DSC_0225_zps361328c9.jpg

If you have any questions about my setups, feel free to ask :D

Beautiful setup! Your new arrival is a lucky little guy :D

What are those wavy white sticks?
Thank you! They are from ikea. 5 for $7 (in canada). On the tag it said "All Natural." There is no paint on them and they don't smell of anything other then wood. And to top it off they are soft so my veiled's nails grip on nicely. I couldn't tell you what they are actually called though, as I don't have the tag anymore.

FOUND THEM! HERE THEY ARE:
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/60153453/

Looking great! What is that mesh thingy underneath the new enclosure. Is it like a laundry basket? Just asking as that would make a sweet hanging outdoor mesh enclosure if it is big enough.

those are two really nice set ups im actually jealous :).im goin to hazard a guess at a panther being the new arrival as for locale i have no idea.ill just take a shot in the dark and go with nosy be

Thanks for the tip!

Your cages are art!
Thank you so much! That means a lot :)

Wow, that is NICE! :D
Post pictures of your little guy in his cage when you get him :D
I most certainly will, thank you!

Looking great! What is that mesh thingy underneath the new enclosure. Is it like a laundry basket? Just asking as that would make a sweet hanging outdoor mesh enclosure if it is big enough.
You're exactly right. It's a mesh laundry basket. 2 ft high by 18" wide. I have my stick insects in it. But I also plan on using them as outdoor hanging enclosures when summer comes around. I figure the size will be fine for a basking chameleon if he is only out there for an hour or two :) Thanks for the compliment! Also I got them at Ikea for only $8.99!

those are two really nice set ups im actually jealous :).im goin to hazard a guess at a panther being the new arrival as for locale i have no idea.ill just take a shot in the dark and go with nosy be
Why thank you! Panther is definitely correct! I won't give the Locale away just quite yet though ;)

Very nice setups. I would really like to find out what the name of the wavy wood that is mentioned. I think Milly would like them. Anyone has any input to the name of them?

Very nice setups. I would really like to find out what the name of the wavy wood that is mentioned. I think Milly would like them. Anyone has any input to the name of them?
I have no clue what they are called but I posted the link on the first page for where I bought them. And Sarah says she saw them at Michaels so give that a go to! Thanks for the compliment!

Looks like it could be an enclosure for a 85% mitsio 15% ambilobe what do I win if I'm right?:)
Hahaha someone saw one of my older posts ;) You win a telepathic High-5 and that warm feeling of being the winner xD

Your setups look AWESOME!!! :D
Thanks so much!

Lol yep I sure did. Thanks for the high five its more then I expected to win lol I'm hoping he has a female left for me also but not till good weather as I'm in ontario not bc but awell its worth the wait I'm grabbing a couple nosybe too can't wait till spring. Can't wait to see your baby tomorrow either. Good luck your setups loom great by the way.

your set ups look very lovely! I am curious why you have the one feeding cup almost on the bottom on the cage? I noticed your veiled on the bottom of the one enclosure. I guess he likes to venture down that way?

Lol yep I sure did. Thanks for the high five its more then I expected to win lol I'm hoping he has a female left for me also but not till good weather as I'm in ontario not bc but awell its worth the wait I'm grabbing a couple nosybe too can't wait till spring. Can't wait to see your baby tomorrow either. Good luck your setups loom great by the way.
That's awesome! Small world. Male Nosy Be is next on my wish list!
Thank you :)

your set ups look very lovely! I am curious why you have the one feeding cup almost on the bottom on the cage? I noticed your veiled on the bottom of the one enclosure. I guess he likes to venture down that way?
Thank you Carol! The only reason the feeding cup is there is because it fits nice and snug between the glass and the plant bowl. Are feeding cups supposed to be higher? I have no problem raising it :) And he goes to the bottom whenever I come to the doors. I think he understands that the latch to open the doors is close to the bottom so that's where my hands go first. He is a real friendly feller, always trying to get at my arms and climb on top of my head. I have previous threads to show photos of this as well as a video! He also really likes my camera so before I took the photos my camera was sitting on the table in front of where he was. Maybe he was trying to get at it? xD

Only thing is that what I've learned is that chams shouldn't be in a glass teranium..
Exo Terras are perfectly suitable for chameleons, especially in cooler and dryer climates. The ventilation strip is specifically designed for airflow. I house my chameleons in them to maintain humidity as well as temperature, especially during the winter. Chameleons should not be kept in aquarium-type enclosures. Those are only accessible from the top so they do not allow airflow.

Back
Top Bottom