1-2 month old ambilobe panther cham not walking on rear left leg

it still appears to be there, less of it is there i think but he still not sleeping with it holding on. he uses it when he walks most of the time.
Maybe tomorrow if it is still there, you can give him a shallow bath to let him soak his feet. Have you contacted the breeder about this? How much did you pay for him if you are comfortable to say?

Okay thanks. Have you contacted the breeder about this?
this is his first clutch of eggs, and they are not qualified to be breeding or own a chameleon, they bought the eggs from a woman who breed a kammurflage male and a screameleons. they wouldn't know trust me

this is his first clutch of eggs, and they are not qualified to be breeding or own a chameleon, they bought the eggs from a woman who breed a kammurflage male and a screameleons. they wouldn't know trust me
Know what, know that he has stuck shed?

Attachments

• IMG_3979.JPG
    IMG_3979.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 122
I would let him rest for now. You can try daily showers until it comes off. I would avoid soaking because of the amount of stress it causes. If it doesn't come off in a few days then you can try a gentle stroking with a wet Qtip to remove it after a shower. Don't pull at it just tease it loose very gently. The only way the shed could be affecting his grip and ability to climb is if it is strangling the foot. It is more common for this to be a nutritional issue or an injury. Work on getting him good gut loaded & supplement dusted feeders and good UVB. Pad his cage bottom to prevent more injuries from falls. If it persists consider a vet appointment.

I would let him rest for now. You can try daily showers until it comes off. I would avoid soaking because of the amount of stress it causes. If it doesn't come off in a few days then you can try a gentle stroking with a wet Qtip to remove it after a shower. Don't pull at it just tease it loose very gently. The only way the shed could be affecting his grip and ability to climb is if it is strangling the foot. It is more common for this to be a nutritional issue or an injury. Work on getting him good gut loaded & supplement dusted feeders and good UVB. Pad his cage bottom to prevent more injuries from falls. If it persists consider a vet appointment.
thank you, i will right now i just keep fruit flies in the cage, the only crickets small enough are pinheads and they die overnight, all of his flies are dusted with calcium, and he gets d3 twice a month

Try keeping the pinheads in a small container with a half piece of carrot or orange to keep them alive longer. Don't over dust them as that smothers them.
Photo credit: Merujack

Attachments

• 133987-6e85ef167b1560b5a4fc02e83157cfbb.jpg
    133987-6e85ef167b1560b5a4fc02e83157cfbb.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 106
If the crickets have food to eat they will eat that and not go after the chameleon. They will stay in the container near the food & so will the fruit flies if you use orange slices.

Hang in there.
here are some photos from today, he doesn't leave the wall, when i set him on the brush he goes to the wall, and uses the leg while walking. but as you can tell lets it hang down.

Attachments

• IMG_3984.jpg
    IMG_3984.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3985.jpg
    IMG_3985.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom