1-2 month old ambilobe panther cham not walking on rear left leg

Doyle5132

exchanged him from the breeder, because the first was a female. was fine at the breeders home, but now is sleeping with it hanging down

exchanged him from the breeder, because the first was a female. was fine at the breeders home, but now is sleeping with it hanging down
Please elaborate and show pictures. Nobody can help if we cant see what is going on. Most likely it is stress from going somewhere new. And didn't you say that the babies were 3-4 months old? Those babies definitely did not look that age, and the breeder should not sell them that young

Please elaborate and show pictures. Nobody can help if we cant see what is going on. Most likely it is stress from going somewhere new. And didn't you say that the babies were 3-4 months old? Those babies definitely did not look that age, and the breeder should not sell them that young
yes i know but the breeder is not taking very good care of them and is selling them at all ages, so I'm trying to save a few because I'm not confident in his abilities. and he's asleep right now so id have to take some photos in the morning

yes i know but the breeder is not taking very good care of them and is selling them at all ages, so I'm trying to save a few because I'm not confident in his abilities. and he's asleep right now so id have to take some photos in the morning
If you are trying to save a few, why would you return a female, and be looking for a male?

Going "somewhere new"from stress as stated above will not cause a chameleon to favor its leg. It is possible it injured it in someway . Hanging the leg down off the branch for prolonged period of time can indicate it is in pain.

Going "somewhere new"from stress as stated above will not cause a chameleon to favor its leg. It is possible it injured it in someway . Hanging the leg down off the branch for prolonged period of time can indicate it is in pain.
Sorry, I misread it. You are right @carol5208 , there probably is some sort of injury, or something wrong in general. Please show pictures, even if he is sleeping, as he will not freak out and we can see without him getting stressed and possibly hurting him or making him weaker if he is ill of some sort.

i looked closer at it, it appears to still have a large peeve of skin from his last shed. and can't grab on to the branches.do i try and use tweezers to pull the sheded skin off

i looked closer at it, it appears to still have a large peeve of skin from his last shed. and can't grab on to the branches.do i try and use tweezers to pull the sheded skin off
DON'T PULL IT OFF!!!!! Give him a shower first!!! Pictures please!

I would try spraying his foot with water to loosen it up. Do you have as sprayer bottle? If you put hot water in bottle, it will spray out warm. Test it out first. I have removed shed on feet before manually. You have to be very careful though and i would not do to a chameleon you just got who already is stressed in a new home.

I would try spraying his foot with water to loosen it up. Do you have as sprayer bottle? If you put hot water in bottle, it will spray out warm. Test it out first. I have removed shed on feet before manually. You have to be very careful though and i would not do to a chameleon you just got who already is stressed in a new home.
i apologize for the bad image quality, can find my camera sd card. it seems to be on both feet a little bit but a lot more on left

Attachments

• IMG_3968.jpg
    IMG_3968.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3969.jpg
    IMG_3969.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 119
here is his right foot, it just seems light it has to much shed on it, i will try the warm water

Attachments

• IMG_3945.jpg
    IMG_3945.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 100
the excess shed is not coming off, he uses both legs when walking around and seems fine, but when he's not moving they just dangle for some reason. if sprayed both feet with warm water 5 times today.

Back
Top Bottom