yummy yummy salad?

hey guys,

i've read somewhere that chams like a bit of greens every now and then. i've only had my baby veiled for 5 days and was just wondering what types of veggies he might like? someone suggested dandelion leaves and spinach :confused:

No brocolli either for the same reason! Both these contain oxylates which bind to the calcium, thus preventing absorption by the chameleon. I use 'wild rocket' leaves, apple and carrot, etc for my gutload. Amy likes the occasional tiny bit of carrot , but Tommy won't eat anything that's not moving, lol! When Amy was tiny she used to eat the leaves of her schefflera and hibiscus but she grew out of it and her plants stay bushy now, lol!

haha aww bless, seems they like a good array ;) might try him on some rocket in a few days :) thanks for the advice, i wonder where i read about spinach?! lol haha

You can offer your veiled dandelion greens, collards, kale, endive, escarole, mustard greens, zucchini, squash, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, carrots, and a bit of fruit (apples, pears, melon, berries, etc.).

It could also eat leaves and flowers from non-toxic plants that have been well-washed.

haha aww bless, seems they like a good array ;) might try him on some rocket in a few days :) thanks for the advice, i wonder where i read about spinach?! lol haha

Don't worry, I read the same thing from several different sources and used to feed my veiled spinach before I found this forum.

Back
Top Bottom