Yoda took a fall, please help

Herptivite is what I use as a vitamin powder and I've used it for years....TWICE a month is enough...very lightly dusted on the insects. Beta carotene is a form of vitamin A. It's a prOformed source so it won't build up in the chameleon's system and cause problems. The other form of vitamin A is prEformed and includes retinol, retinyl, retinal and can build up...so it needs to be used with care...especially in chameleons like Fischers.

RepCal with D3 I also use TWICE a month very lightly on the insects before feeding them to the chameleon. D3 FROM SUPPLEMENTS can build up in the chameleons system and lead to health issues...so we want the chameleon not to get too much from supplements and to produce the rest of its D3 from its explore to the UVB light we provide.

I dust at all feedings lightly every month but the 4 days that I use the D3 and vit A powders to help make up for the usually poor ratio of calcium to phos found in most feeder insects. I don't know if your calcium spray will work...it might just kill the insects before the chameleon eats them...and I don't know how digestible it is.

You could put the cage by the windows in the summer but you have to be careful the chameleon doesn't get overheated and the light passing through glass won't give him any UVB.

Hope this explains it better.

Back
Top Bottom