Yet Another Dr. Gonzo Baby!

theresaintucson

I got my Dr. Gonzo baby from Ryan, after the first of the year. He couldn't get out of his shipping container fast enough. I let him settle in on his terms as he was being really ferocious. I even called Ryan to ask what a chameleon bite felt like because I was positive this was the cham who would be the first one to tear me up.
It's been two weeks now and today he climbed out of his cage, onto my hand and headed for the top of my head. I thought I was going to have my ear pierced, chameleon style. Was I relieved when he decided to climb onto an empty bird cage I have on my patio! I took some photos and let him chill. Then I offered him my hand under his front legs. Success! Up he went and I still have all my fingers!
Anyway, here is my Dr. Gonzo baby. I'm still trying out names...

Attachments

• P1140003.JPG
    P1140003.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 176
WOAH!:eek:

that boy got some intense blue barring and nice green background:cool:

congratz with him these gonzo babies mmake me want to get one:rolleyes: but alas not my time:(

post pics as he and your other chams mature...

dont you have another cham naked kraken? and others i forgot :p

He's BEAUTIFUL! :D The little girl I got from Ryan already bit me twice!:eek: I went in to move a vine around a bit, she puffed up, gaped, and actually lunged at my hand and bit me! It caught me off guard and scared the crap out of me. Hugh SOMETIMES will puff up and gape at me but NEVER try to bite. This little girl will actually go out of her way and try to chase my hand down to bite. Lol! Yeah, good thing your little dude settled in nicely and has calmed down. My little girl still need some time to settle.:p

Thanks Ace! My beautiful ambilobe is named Kraken. He's starting to shed today. I'll try to post more pics.

1.1 ambanjas, 1.0 Sambava, 1.0 ambilobe, 1.0 Nosy Be. 1.0 very tolerant husband

He's BEAUTIFUL! :D The little girl I got from Ryan already bit me twice!:eek: I went in to move a vine around a bit, she puffed up, gaped, and actually lunged at my hand and bit me! It caught me off guard and scared the crap out of me. Hugh SOMETIMES will puff up and gape at me but NEVER try to bite. This little girl will actually go out of her way and try to chase my hand down to bite. Lol! Yeah, good thing your little dude settled in nicely and has calmed down. My little girl still need some time to settle.:p

I'm sorry, Gaby-I LOL'd at the image of your cham chasing you down to bite you! This guy had the worst attitude of all my panthers.

Thanks Ace! My beautiful ambilobe is named Kraken. He's starting to shed today. I'll try to post more pics.

1.1 ambanjas, 1.0 Sambava, 1.0 ambilobe, 1.0 Nosy Be. 1.0 very tolerant husband

lol....your list is funny at the end:D

also dont be shy you should have a thread with pics of the while group.

hmm if i remember you feel your sambava isnt "colorful" but still c'mon show the whole cham-family;):D

Ok ok! I really should take photos regularly. Especially since my sambava is so small. I get discouraged sometimes, seeing photos of beautiful chams in gorgeous colors. I need to be PATIENT and realize I have young ones and that full coloration is still down the road. Months down the road. Still, it's hard to be patient.
If there ever was a "Pygmy" sambava species, I HAVE ONE. Little dude is just not changing much at all. He's a typical Napoleon-type, small but making up for it in attitude!

Ok ok! I really should take photos regularly. Especially since my sambava is so small. I get discouraged sometimes, seeing photos of beautiful chams in gorgeous colors. I need to be PATIENT and realize I have young ones and that full coloration is still down the road. Months down the road. Still, it's hard to be patient.
If there ever was a "Pygmy" sambava species, I HAVE ONE. Little dude is just not changing much at all. He's a typical Napoleon-type, small but making up for it in attitude!

Trust me, take LOTS of pictures as time goes by and you'll notice subtle changes. My little Hugh is growing like crazy and popping with color but your guy will color up soon enough. You'll regret not having something to compare when he was young and little. Lol! Start a picture thread of him starting from the first picture and so forth. I want to SEE!:D

I want one of these Dr Gonzo STUNNERS!

Would I travel to the US to get a chameleon and import it back? Yes!

Will I be able to afford to do so in the next 10 years? No!!

:(

Back
Top Bottom