Wurma has a hematoma behind the eye...

I'll probably move the chams outside tomorrow, figured if there's something in the enclosure causing it I want to eliminate that possibility. Testing temperatures right now.
Ill probably schedule an appointment for early next week, can cancel if things turn around.

Definitely more swollen I agree, doesnt look as bad as when it was before you first had it drained but..... maybe he does need surgery ... Definitely hoping for a good change from the moving him outside. Even if he gets some exposure to sun it does wonders and I wouldn t be surprised if it helps. For reptiles it's a wonderful thing.

Definitely more swollen I agree, doesnt look as bad as when it was before you first had it drained but..... maybe he does need surgery ... Definitely hoping for a good change from the moving him outside. Even if he gets some exposure to sun it does wonders and I wouldn t be surprised if it helps. For reptiles it's a wonderful thing.
Didnt see well this morning as it was still dark but I'd say it looked a bit better again. I kinda just want it done and over with so Wurma can recover and enjoy life again but other side is I don't want him to lose an eye.

He will not move outside but into the shed, it will be easy to take him out for some sun tho and I will be sure to do so.

The old enclosures will be their outside homes but I have to redo the mesh first as they look terrible.

And here's today... A lot better...

y4mDTrYPaStOGtfha7BR1a0ZjE5cO0zZ2bfhqxTlnIZPgq1SbYpNQQTcoNheLoiYW1-FNE9IdP65f3gkEDMObvbTdZMtVBxbOujkwJI_Z4IX3QcHsSOnIMYudvRtXOLmnrX8We1w4FxzmMrFNcf7EnEM3_EUAXznLzPQsOM_ltO5bFQcTbIGVeRf4z8EWdeFGiUEEFXrndpNveYiXCUesH-mg

It's looking better. It's too bad that something like an elizabethan collar or horse blinders won't fit him to protect his eye from rubbing while it heals. Be good Wurma and don't rub your eye.

Send me a stl file and I'll print it.
Thanks, I appreciate the gesture but I don't think it's a practical or viable solution as I would have to model it, have you print it, ship it from ? to the Netherlands, probably adjust it, have you print it again etc... and then there's hoping he will accept it being on his head.

I'm waiting until after the weekend and if there's no clear improvement I will make the vet appointment for that week to have it dealt with the 'hard' way and hopefully it will be over with.
Right now I better let him get used to his new surroundings for a few days and hopefully the fresh new UVB light and the clean branches will help him recover.

He still looks healthy other than the eye and his behavior so I'm confident he'll hang in there a while longer.

I don't think a reptile will tolerate any contraptions strapped to them. Dogs and horses are used to wearing things like collars and halters so you'd have a chance of them keeping it on. I'm afraid his trying to get it off might do more damage than he's doing to himself now.

Since Wurma got sick I went home every day to check on him, even if home wasnt even where I was meant to go...
Today the same, I'm currently at home while usually go to my parents who are babysitting my daughter.
I went to the shed, looked trough the window.... No Wurma... Wurma didn't move more than a few inches a day for the past few weeks... I entered the shed and there he was... Looking better than the past weeks, being awake, sitting up right and quite a distance away from where I left him.
His eye looks slimmed down more for what I could see (he was facing the other side)... Eyedrops ran out and I consider not getting more to see how he recovers on his own, or I may just get em just in case...
This is probably the most positive I have been in the past month, I hope no more disapointments.

P.s. For a while there, did you think I was gonna write that he died? Evil huh?

YES I did, ‘thank you’ for that :rolleyes::cautious:
I nearly fell off my chair reading it and wondering what the outcome was, very bad of you!! :LOL:
So after I recovered that is such great news, it does sound very promising and hopefully it will be a very very happy ending and he will have lots more years in his new house.

YES I did, ‘thank you’ for that :rolleyes::cautious:
I nearly fell off my chair reading it and wondering what the outcome was, very bad of you!! :LOL:
So after I recovered that is such great news, it does sound very promising and hopefully it will be a very very happy ending and he will have lots more years in his new house.

I can't wait for wurma to discover the boundaries of his enclosure! I hope so much this will be the turnaround.

Robi did not manage to escape today so I may have won that one already.

Since Wurma got sick I went home every day to check on him, even if home wasnt even where I was meant to go...
Today the same, I'm currently at home while usually go to my parents who are babysitting my daughter.
I went to the shed, looked trough the window.... No Wurma... Wurma didn't move more than a few inches a day for the past few weeks... I entered the shed and there he was... Looking better than the past weeks, being awake, sitting up right and quite a distance away from where I left him.
His eye looks slimmed down more for what I could see (he was facing the other side)... Eyedrops ran out and I consider not getting more to see how he recovers on his own, or I may just get em just in case...
This is probably the most positive I have been in the past month, I hope no more disapointments.

P.s. For a while there, did you think I was gonna write that he died? Evil huh?
Omg I was holding my breath reading this . Terrible you are !!. I’m very happy to hear Wurma is improving yay !!.

Wurma today, seems to have traveled to his baskingspot today. I think he's happy about the no more meds. Now let's hope I'm right.

y4mGsJ71UgKq6LWib4QX9Pm-IPdEPh7lcj392w0mN4Zm32wpK8yDcIKoTcyGAzJajHOgQLNX_SKX6AUd87L_Zd7l4xzQas4j8ouhnQaMxbWb9YvmDrusvnpxbjSTP3tp5_bOI7q1qzidshntKhaKCg0ueW7dat-6d_96xLemt4DEWMbB_JIFcj4qd-ZFOJwBhwUeOkDKk-C99Q0smNuTrEg7w

Back
Top Bottom