Worried new mommy

is she falling asleep during the day? If so, that is not normal and is usually a sign of some sort of illness.

Yeah she will fall asleep during the day. Now I have ( up until last night) been turning a night heat light on. The red bulb kind. But the more I looked in to it everything said no light at all at night. So I'm wondering if the light was keeping her up. She is eating normaly 20 to 25 small crickets and 7 or so mealworms a day. She drinks from the plants in her cage when I mist her and her stool is normal. That makes me feel better that those things are normal. I am just so scared something is going to happen to her.

I noticed it looks like her eyes are shut in the picture as well. Is this normal for her?
Yes, the night bulb needs to go. Temps can go as low as 50 degrees at night with no problems, and even as low as the 40s on occasion. I would suggest filling out the How to ask for Help form in this health section so we can see what may need to be adjusted to make her happier. And don't go crazy with the mealworms. These are not as easily digested and can lead to other issues.

Back
Top Bottom