Won't lay eggs! HELP!

Forgot to add the picture of the suppliment in the previous picture so i'll add it here.

Attachments

• 20211001_164227.jpg
    20211001_164227.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 60
Forgot to add the picture of the suppliment in the previous picture so i'll add it here.
That’s the one you give daily. Just take a tiny pinch out of the bottle and put it in a cup then add your feeder bugs and swirl them around in it. You don’t want your bugs to look like sugar donuts afterwards, just a very fine dust. Thats all. Also chameleons don’t digest veggies well so feed them to your bugs, not the Cham. Yes the Cham will munch on the plants in your tank but they really are insectivores not vegetarians so don’t feed her veggies.

That’s the one you give daily. Just take a tiny pinch out of the bottle and put it in a cup then add your feeder bugs and swirl them around in it. You don’t want your bugs to look like sugar donuts afterwards, just a very fine dust. Thats all. Also chameleons don’t digest veggies well so feed them to your bugs, not the Cham. Yes the Cham will munch on the plants in your tank but they really are insectivores not vegetarians so don’t feed her veggies.
Okay thank you so much and I don't have live plants in my tank so should I give her vegies as a treat, the same with mealworms.

Actually no, you need live plants in her tank like pothos, umbrella plant, ficus benjamina, etc. there’s a safe plant list on this forum, I just don’t know how to link it. Plastic or silk plants are not recommended because if your Cham nibbles on it , it could cause an impaction in her bowels which can be deadly. Live plant will just move through her digestive system. She can’t really digest them but they will go through and be expelled. As for meal worms, they are hard to digest and aren’t really nutritious so I would choose something like Dubia roaches instead. Variety in insects is key to a healthy diet for chams. You shouldn’t offer her veggies at all. She doesn’t need them. If she nibbles a little on a safe plant that you put in her tank, that’s fine.

Actually no, you need live plants in her tank like pothos, umbrella plant, ficus benjamina, etc. there’s a safe plant list on this forum, I just don’t know how to link it. Plastic or silk plants are not recommended because if your Cham nibbles on it , it could cause an impaction in her bowels which can be deadly. Live plant will just move through her digestive system. She can’t really digest them but they will go through and be expelled. As for meal worms, they are hard to digest and aren’t really nutritious so I would choose something like Dubia roaches instead. Variety in insects is key to a healthy diet for chams. You shouldn’t offer her veggies at all. She doesn’t need them. If she nibbles a little on a safe plant that you put in her tank, that’s fine.
Okay that helped a lot. Thank you!!!

Well, I don’t know what happened but if she doesn’t have any eggs in her then it’s time to get your husbandry correct so she can have a long healthy life with you. The first thing you need is proper uvb lighting that was mentioned before. Then you need a proper 2x2x4 screen cage for her filled with beautiful live plants from the safe plants list. Next is a proper lay bin in that cage that is 10x10x 10 and add 6-8 inches of washed play sand damp enough to hold a tunnel. I’m not an expert on veiled but @kinyonga already went over your info and gave some great advice as well as @MissSkittles gave some great advice as well so please start working on this and also stop handling her so much and let her relax and just live her life.

Well, I don’t know what happened but if she doesn’t have any eggs in her then it’s time to get your husbandry correct so she can have a long healthy life with you. The first thing you need is proper uvb lighting that was mentioned before. Then you need a proper 2x2x4 screen cage for her filled with beautiful live plants from the safe plants list. Next is a proper lay bin in that cage that is 10x10x 10 and add 6-8 inches of washed play sand damp enough to hold a tunnel. I’m not an expert on veiled but @kinyonga already went over your info and gave some great advice as well as @MissSkittles gave some great advice as well so please start working on this and also stop handling her so much and let her relax and just live her life.
I have screenshotted all useful information as well as noted them down. Husbandry is definitely something I will be working on this next week and I can't thank you all enough for the help. I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom