Wont eat ???

imhotep

My 14 month old female panther just laid her eggs about 2 weeks ago ... since then she doesnt eat crickets or worms ... I read in the forums that panthers will eat scrambled eggs .?.?.

What can I do to force feed a panther chameleon ???

in an emergency situation what can you feed starving panther chameleons that wont eat crickets / superworms ???

This was her first clutch ... I paired her with imhotep on 12.18.11 and 12.19.11 ... She layed 22 eggs and buried them herself on 02.14.12 ... She didn't drop any eggs premeturally ... Egg laying went as excpected and she shows no signs that she may still be eggbound ... Ill know in a few weeks which eggs are fertalized ...

About 20 mins ago I softly held her behind the neck and gently pushed a superworm against the front of her mouth till she bit it ... she didn't try to swallow it until the third time she bit down on it ...

I'm relieved that she ate it but i don't want to force her to eat another cuz it seems too tramatic and her state is fragile ... Thank you for help

She has been ignoring the crickets which has made supllemnting almost impossible ... I've been dipping the superworms in calcyionate syrup ... What can I do to stimulate her appetite and get her back to normal ???

Its always a concern when they won't eat after laying eggs because so often it means there is a problem...retained eggs, etc. I hope its not the case for your chameleon. A vet should be able to tell you by taking an xray.

Back
Top Bottom