With this budget, what setup would you get

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by celeste_knitter, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Decadancin

Decadancin Moderatoris Americanus
    Staff Member

OK, @dshuld , how about now?

2. dshuld

dshuld Chameleon Enthusiast

Negative lol.

Edit: wonder if Michael causing cell outages above us is some how effecting it somehow. A manual refresh of my gmail brought up the notifications.

3. Decadancin

Staff Member

@Brad ???

4. Decadancin

Staff Member

Why do you always have to blame me for everything? :ROFLMAO:

5. dshuld

It's got to be on my tmobile/ gmail side somewhere. Didn't get get the Brad tag until I refreshed manually either.

6. Decadancin

Staff Member

7. dshuld

Cause it's the highlight of my days :confused:. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Decadancin likes this.
  8. dshuld

If I go to my gmail and manually refresh emails yes. Otherwise just watching the flag counter on the page lol.

9. Decadancin

Staff Member

Above my pay grade then... I don't know...

10. dshuld

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, figures you say above your pay grade and it starts working :rolleyes:. Got that one right away.

Decadancin and celeste_knitter like this.
  11. Decadancin

Staff Member

:LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious:

12. Decadancin

Staff Member

I'm just that good :cool:...

celeste_knitter likes this.
  13. celeste_knitter

celeste_knitter Avid Member

It's just your mere presence in this awesome thread!!

Decadancin likes this.
  14. Decadancin

Staff Member

Now stop it or I'm going to just keep posting things here that are totally unrelated to your thread :geek:

15. dshuld

:rolleyes: Well, it didn't last long. No notifications after that one again lol. Suppose as long as no one feels ignored it's ok though :panda:.

16. Hi there! So I would recommend the following:
    -mistking misting system
    -Dragonstrand keeper series enclosure with dragonledges and drainage pan (get an atrium if you want the biggest enclosure they’ve got lol but not necessary for a panther)
    -a nice rack to set it all on
    -Arcadia fixture and UVB bulb
    -Solarmeter
    -Temp Gun
    -hygrometer

17. Awesome, you have no idea how much you've helped!

After realizing 7.5 inches is pretty small compared to the 24 inch cage I figured it would be much better overall if I were to go with the two 22's. This way I can get better coverage and deeper penetration.. right? Unless there's something I'm missing and there's a better option lol, in which case please let me know. (I'm still a little bit confused on whether the 6500k plant light is better or worse than the LED)

Once again, thank you so much!

18. celeste_knitter

Thanks - I know this is a long thread with lots of detours, but I've already decided on the DS clearside atrium (Bigger is better with a male panther!) & already have a solarmeter and temp gun. I use digital hygrometers/thermometers with my reptiles already & will buy a 2 pack for the chameleon. As for lights, the wonderful @dshuld is working on an LED option for me, otherwise I will go with a 4 light HO T5 growlight & UVB system with built in timers. I'm going to use a wire shelving unit - 1/2 height to set it on & my dad & I are working on a nifty drainage system. I will probably use a tension rod with some home sewn curtains for aesthetics. I have many talents now - plumbing, electrical, multi-animal husbandry, home ec, etc! I have an extensive plant list & will get a mixture of manzanita, vines, and local (non-ash because of the emerald ash bore beetle epidemic) wood branches to make plenty of roadways with a variation of the "living wall" for a backdrop.

For feeders I plan on using what I use for my crested geckos: crickets, hornworms, superwoms - all gutloaded using crested gecko powder (might find another base gutloader as this is $$$)
    , spirulina & bee pollen as well as fresh veggies & oranges for moisture.
    New food sources: silkworms - might try hatching from eggs as I have an incubator from raising parrots; BSFL
    NO DUBIA - I cannot do roaches of any kind!

It's nice to summarize where we are so far!

Ok - feel free to hijack away...I can always steer us back! :p:LOL::ROFLMAO:

19. celeste_knitter

I just ordered my dragonstrand large atrium clearside!!! At 3 am because I can't sleep!!! :ROFLMAO::notworthy::D:p

20. ERKleRose

ERKleRose Chameleon Enthusiast

You’re going to want roaches, besides silkworms, the’re the healthiest option, and there’s so many to choose from

TaylorLMatthews and dshuld like this.