Will She Leave The Tree?

I have a baby female veiled and she currently has a ficus tree in her cage. I'd like to just remove the cage (its a DIY build) and let her live on the ficus, which has plenty of space for her.

My question is if she will leave the tree? Shes too little to be wandering around. If I don't have anything she can climb on to escape the tree, how do I keep her from climbing out of the pot?

Yes she will definitely leave the tree.

Oh yes! I agree she will leave the tree.
In addition, you and your veiled may have a difference of opinion on what "plenty of space" is! I thought a 5x3x8 FR was "plenty of space" but my cham thinks the entire downstairs is okay - except when he wants to go outside.

Despite making the pot walls really high and the tree near nothing she could reach, she reached the pot wall and was perched there this morning, I dug deeper and set her back on the tree. When I came out of the shower, she was on the ground. She may have had a little fall to get there, but looks no worse for the wear.

I'm buying a bigger, deeper pot. However, she seems to feel safer in her cage. I'm thinking shes not comfortable enough at her size to be out in the open like that. Thoughts?

I would put the cage next to her plant and see if she runs back into it. If she does then she would rather be in there, I say put her on the tree for a little while then put her back in her cage.

I didnt FR my veiled till they were over 6 months old.

and for the record they wont stay.

I had a female who i free ranged.. i had her in a room, alone, with the door shut.

my male, FR, in another room, door shut.

well... i now have 38 fertile eggs in my closet....

guess what happened? ;)

thye dont stay. esp when they want a friend.

Back
Top Bottom