Will my chameleon get infected?

mhfan305

I have the mister go off an hour before the lights go out. It drys out with just a few leaves still wet, and since it's the raindome some droplets drop down every now and then and have landed on a leaf that my sleeping chameleons arm is resting on. Will this cause an infection? It'll probably dry out in another hour or so. Let me know, thanks.

I would say he will be fine. If the water would be streaming into his nostrils, that would be a concern. They are pretty intuitive and will move if the conditions are bothersome or unfavorable. Sounds like a nice environment.

Yeah to me it seems like what would happen in the wild. But I don't know for sure so this is why I needed some help. Thanks.

I have the mister go off an hour before the lights go out. It drys out with just a few leaves still wet, and since it's the raindome some droplets drop down every now and then and have landed on a leaf that my sleeping chameleons arm is resting on. Will this cause an infection? It'll probably dry out in another hour or so. Let me know, thanks.

No. Infections get started because of a lot of bacteria getting into an open wound. Your misting water is probably very clean, the cage is probably clean, and your cham doesn't have any skin infections already, right? Chams wouldn't survive if they were so delicate that water on their skin causes infections. Maybe I'm not understanding your question?? Chams get wet all the time.

Oh- I understand better now.

With jacksons- probably not. If it is 40 or above at night, my jacksons are outdoors, and really, they can go down right near freezing. So if he's indoors at temps significantly higher than that- he's probably going to be very comfortable. I imagine the places they enjoy frequenting in nature tend to get dewy and misty from evening through early morning.

But you are right also- you don't want constant moisture in captivity- it does invite bacteria which can eventually lead to infection. But going to bed wet occasionally shouldn't be a problem- especially if things dry out next day.

Back
Top Bottom