Why did you chose the locale(s) that you own?

leet13

I will start it off- I have a blue bar ambilobe... as a total noob, I chose this locale because I liked how they showed a "rainbow" of colors. My husband helped me pick as well. My 2nd runner up was a Nosy Be (which I hope to buy this year sometime). Actually, if I had my way, I would have one of each locale... :D

I had my sambava first due the fact he was the same price as the nosey be in my local shop and they were quite rare in this country at the time.

I now have ambilobe. I chose these because of their sires and because they were from great breeders. i also wanted something I was guaranteed to be colourful.

I love blue, so when I found my nosey be x bb ambilobe, I thought hmmmm interesting to see how that turns out.

He looks a LOT like his dad!!! (nosey be) :D

I started with a Purple-Barred Ambanja because I thought his sire was gorgeous. Then, I got a high-yellow male veiled because my husband loved the look of their casques. My third and 4th chams are ambilobes because of their colors and sires - I have a male and female who I hope to breed next year when she's old enough. I'd love a bunch of other locales, but they will come in time, and I'm a patient person. :D

Ive had/have a few locals but there's 2 that really get me 1 Ambanjas For me when i saw Amandil an my friend had Dr Gonzo i got a Dr G baby Bokazar an have that goin good..
My 2nd love is the red white an blue/green of a nice Nosy Faly!! I happen to have these goin nicely .....

My favourite three locals
1. Nosy faly
2. Nosy mitsio
3. Cap est
An I own and breed all three :)

i hope to own and breed these three aswell!! only one more to ad to my collection hint hint kev :) but to answer the question i chose the locales i did because of the rarety of them faly mitsio tamatave all very seldom seen in canada

I chose my ambanja and ambilobes because of the breeders. Texas Ranger and Biffle are great peeps and gave me great deals on my beautiful boys... :)

Nosy Mitsio and Nosy Be here!
Getting my baby mitsio/bilobe on friday. Chosen because the sire is gorgeous and the babies will be 85% Mitsio and 15% Ambi.

Nosy Be because, well, they're damn well sexy and something you wouldn't expect to live on Earth with such striking blues.

I didn't chose anything. I just saw Rupert and fell in love. He is the sweetest most chilled out guy in the world!
If I was choosing though, I'd go for Nosy Faly. Those red dots are amazing!

I chose a red-bar ambilobe because I wanted him to look like fire, hence the name Fuego. Then I decided I wanted a contrasting blue ambanja from Chuck G. And that was the birth of Tree Candy Chameleons:D

I chose a red-bar ambilobe because I wanted him to look like fire, hence the name Fuego. Then I decided I wanted a contrasting blue ambanja from Chuck G. And that was the birth of Tree Candy Chameleons:D

Love the name! Im starting to put on the "thinking cap" for a name... :)

I just wanted a panther, I didn't really care what locale. :) If I were to get another I'd go with ambanja I think because I like their contrasting colors.

Tamatave! Southern Madagascar :) I chose this locale because they are big and beautiful and there aren't many out there. I want them to get more popular so I'm breeding them :) over 200 tamatave eggs at the moment!

Last edited:
I found the blue of the Nosy Be so incredible because that color is so rare in nature, so that was my first panther.

I added a ambilobe because of the dramatic color changes based on mood.

And I have my Jackson because he is completely adorable!

My favorite locale is Nosy Be. I just love the blue coloration.

I'm also fascinated by the coloration of the Ankaramy locale. Beautiful hues of pink.

I really would love to get ahold of an Ankaramy boy.

Back
Top Bottom