Whittled sticks

Unfortunately, veileds are very inexpensive so most who do breed them do so out of love for them. I have heard about how ‘X‘ chameleon species used to saturate the market and were sold so cheaply, and now you can’t find one of those species captive bred to buy anywhere. I think Oustelet’s was one and it had a good wild population in Florida, which is now gone. I wonder if the same might someday happen to our veileds.
Ya I mean I know if I were to be a breeder I would definitely do veileds because that was my first pet other than like gold fish but like can't I breed like bearded dragons or geckos aswell, sorta like the biodude.

Unfortunately, veileds are very inexpensive so most who do breed them do so out of love for them. I have heard about how ‘X‘ chameleon species used to saturate the market and were sold so cheaply, and now you can’t find one of those species captive bred to buy anywhere. I think Oustelet’s was one and it had a good wild population in Florida, which is now gone. I wonder if the same might someday happen to our veileds.
Aren't veileds, panthers, and Jackson's not native to Florida/Hawaii.

Well the oustelets I thought only live like a year max

Well, there’s lots of veiled lovers here who are young enough to start making sure that doesn’t happen. ;) unfortunately it’s not something I could do…would never be able to part with any babies and would run out of space after just one clutch.
Its something I have honestly debated on for several months. I am no where near feeling ready to breed through. That is something I want to make sure I do right the first time.

My husband wants me to breed my veiled girl because she is so friendly, he thinks that maybe that 'friendlier' genetic may be passed on.. I don't know how accurate that would be. First steps for me regardless is getting my reptile room set up, I dont know where I'll go in this hobby from there but I've toyed with the idea of breeding Veileds, Xanths, Carpets or Brookesia. I also toy with the idea of just making space for sick and unwanted chams in area and just giving them a good home.

My husband wants me to breed my veiled girl because she is so friendly, he thinks that maybe that 'friendlier' genetic may be passed on.. I don't know how accurate that would be. First steps for me regardless is getting my reptile room set up, I dont know where I'll go in this hobby from there but I've toyed with the idea of breeding Veileds, Xanths, Carpets or Brookesia. I also toy with the idea of just making space for sick and unwanted chams in area and just giving them a good home.
That's so nice

Attachments

• 20230809_114742.jpg
    20230809_114742.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom