Which one?.....

Chamfan123

i keep my veiled cham in a screen top enclosure and was thinking of movin him to a all screen at christmas. He would be inside but im not sure about it staying warm. He's been alright so far, just wanted to know what you thought.

as long as your house stays around mid 60's at night he should be fine, if not set up a space heater around it or possibly a red bulb for heat.

Veileds do need at least a 48'' tall cage to do well full grown so I would suggest something that size. Just watch the temps and adjust accordingly

as long as your house stays around mid 60's at night he should be fine, if not set up a space heater around it or possibly a red bulb for heat.

Veileds do need at least a 48'' tall cage to do well full grown so I would suggest something that size. Just watch the temps and adjust accordingly

Do not use any kind of lamp at night for heat. A ceramic heat emitter is the key. Chameleons NEED darkness at night. some will sleep with a red heat lamp at night, but this does not mean they are happy about it. Ceramic heat is perfect for cold enclosures at night.

I would go with a 2'x2'x4' screen cage for your adult veiled. If you were to see cold temps a night (low to mid 60's) I would use a heat coil at night. During the winter you can also cover two or three sides of the cage with plastic to keep heat and humidity up.

You really should keep your chams in a screen cage. If your cham is 3-4 month sold a screen cage is needed. If you are in the US or now.... you can order from LLL Reptile. They have screen cages that go on sale time to time and you can get a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom