Which Mulberry Plant

There are red, white, and black mulberry plants i have seen so far. Whice plant is bestfor farming hornworms on?

Hornworms? or silkworms?
I do not know if hornworms will actually eat mulberry leaves.
Although I have seen them eat silkie chow before.

For silkworms use Morus Alba (white mulberry)

:confused:
You need plants from the tobacco family for hornworms. Mulberries are for silkworms

What specific kind of plants would be best for hornworms, because they usually eat tomato plant leaves, i could be mistaken but that doesnt seem to be a tobacco plant. But i dont want to get a tomato plant b cuz if they start eating the tomatoes they are useless as feeders.

you can definitely try.
I knew you can feed bell peppers (the fruit not the leaves) to hornworms as well.
Since hornworms are voracious eaters, I would recommend you to just buy the chow instead of relying on plants. Unless if you decided to go all out and buy a LOT of plants.

you can definitely try.
I knew you can feed bell peppers (the fruit not the leaves) to hornworms as well.
Since hornworms are voracious eaters, I would recommend you to just buy the chow instead of relying on plants. Unless if you decided to go all out and buy a LOT of plants.

Well i was thinking a plant because they can climb on it and then she burrow in the soil and turn into moths, so if i need soil i might as will have a plant that can house the little bugers!

Well i was thinking a plant because they can climb on it and then she burrow in the soil and turn into moths, so if i need soil i might as will have a plant that can house the little bugers!

you don't need soil. you can even put toilet paper roll or put them in an empty soda can.
The roll simulate the chamber they naturally create in the soil.
As long as it is dark enough, they will change into a cocoon.
http://www.chameleonnews.com/?page=article&id=57

Back
Top Bottom