Where's the color?

MRogers1

Attachments

• 20170903_182010.jpg
    20170903_182010.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 85
Here are some pics of her cage setup let me know what you think. I initially had that 200w dome on top of the cage then realized it might be too hot so I hung it. I though it might be a burn too. And yes this is the same veiled I posted about last month. She still hasn't laid and first showed signs of scratching three months ago now. 20170903_184211.jpg

Attachments

• 20170903_184217.jpg
    20170903_184217.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20170903_184142.jpg
    20170903_184142.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 20170903_181918.jpg
    20170903_181918.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 81
Could be a burn. Can you hold your hand under thenmlight at the point she sits to bask?

Do you have a proper egglaying site IN her cage?
  1. Here are some pics of her cage setup let me know what you think. I initially had that 200w dome on top of the cage then realized it might be too hot so I hung it. I though it might be a burn too. And yes this is the same veiled I posted about last month. She still hasn't laid and first showed signs of scratching three months ago now.

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; background: none center top repeat-x rgb(255, 255, 255); border-radius: 5px;">

• 20170903_184217.jpg
      File size:
      410.5 KB
      Views:

• 20170903_184142.jpg
      File size:
      192.1 KB
      Views:

• 20170903_181918.jpg
      File size:
      223.4 KB
      Views:
    #350 minutes ago
    + Quote Reply

Have you held your hand right under the light that's almost resting on the top of the cage?
She was digging or just scratching around 3 months ago?

Have you held your hand right under the light that's almost resting on the top of the cage?
She was digging or just scratching around 3 months ago?
Yes that light is an led it doesn't give off hardly any heat, it's more for the plants. And yes she was scratching around at the bottom of the cage 3 mos ago. She has had the planter with sand soil mixture in there since then. Why do you ask? Does she look like she has eggs? If it is a burn will it ever heal? Or is the skin damaged permanently?

If it's a burn it may improve with each shed. Keep an eye on it and if it grows bigger then it's not likely a burn.

Her colors say non receptive or gravid...so it's quite likely she's producing eggs. Scratching is different than digging a hole...so if she was digging three months ago ID be concerned...if it was scratching not so much of a concern. When did she start displaying the dark background colors?

If it's a burn it may improve with each shed. Keep an eye on it and if it grows bigger then it's not likely a burn.

Her colors say non receptive or gravid...so it's quite likely she's producing eggs. Scratching is different than digging a hole...so if she was digging three months ago ID be concerned...if it was scratching not so much of a concern. When did she start displaying the dark background colors?
I placed my male in her enclosure and she immediately displayed the dark background with yellow bars. But it has been a month and a half since I posted that last pic, and she doesn't look like she has eggs on board anymore. I'm just confused with the whole thing.

I placed my male in her enclosure and she immediately displayed the dark background with yellow bars. But it has been a month and a half since I posted that last pic, and she doesn't look like she has eggs on board anymore. I'm just confused with the whole thing.
And no digging of holes or anything of the sort. Still eating a ton of food.

Once in a very long while I hear of a veiled female that resorbs her eggs. Maybe yours has but she's still showing nonreceptive colors and sounds like shes still rejecting the male. Do you intend to breed her?

Once in a very long while I hear of a veiled female that resorbs her eggs. Maybe yours has but she's still showing nonreceptive colors and sounds like shes still rejecting the male. Do you intend to breed her?
I placed my male in there to see if she was receptive, because several people said the same thing you did, that on occasion some female veileds will reabsorb their eggs, and that placing my male in there will make display if she has eggs on board.

I know that's why you placed the male in there...but do you intend to breed her eventually?
Yes, I would like to eventually. I have several friends that have requested one of the babies because she and my make have beautiful coloring and markings.

Back
Top Bottom