Where to buy Branches/Sticks & Vines...???

Johnny84

Hey all...

Looking to buy some large branches, sticks and vines for my cham cages...Anyone know where to find any for a good price....or what kinds of trees or bushes I could get them my self! LOL

Thanks!:cool:

We have found that branches from craft shops (for floral arrangements) work awesome!!!!!

They are real/realistic, and clean.

I thought about getting them from the trees in my county...but didnt know if they had to be certain ones so they didnt hurt my Chams!! Also, Ive purchased 6' sticks from the craft store and they seem to slippery for the chams to climb around on...

I thought about getting them from the trees in my county...but didnt know if they had to be certain ones so they didnt hurt my Chams!! Also, Ive purchased 6' sticks from the craft store and they seem to slippery for the chams to climb around on...

Ive gotten branches from lots of different trees. Avoid ones that have a lot of sap like pines. Also get the ones that dont have a real thick bark so it doesnt make a mess and a possible ingestion. Ive used oak, maple, hops vines etc. I go out, get some fallen sticks, cut them to the right size and stuff them into the enclosure;)

wild:yes many plants are toxic. Use only branches you can identify and know are safe to use. And some members scrub and then bake the branches in the oven to get rid of any unwanted bacteria.
store:Use sand paper or something to rough up the fake branches.

really cool idea re; sandpaper. does this technique work on bamboo? just picked some up from Michael's Crafts :)

really cool idea re; sandpaper. does this technique work on bamboo? just picked some up from Michael's Crafts :)

Yes I have the same Question?? My Panthers Cage has store bought bamboo!! I tried sanding them with fine sand paper, but it seems that the bamboo stays smooth!!:confused::cool: LOL!

Curly willow is perfect actually it looks great and big enough branches are just the right size we use it at work since I'm a florist I'm actually about to grab a few branches for my boy coming in a few weeks actually it is kind of pricy though.

i've got several large crepe myrtles in my backyard, they are cham safe and work great! when i need a new branch i just step out back!! :)

jmo, save your money and find a madrona tree, there are probably nice specimens laying right at the base of the tree. if not, get a pole saw, or if you dont have a pole saw, then you can just use about a 16" piece of 2x4 nailed to a rope, its usually pretty easy to snap off a small section.
a typical 3' madrona section.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
jmo, save your money and find a madrona tree, there are probably nice specimens laying right at the base of the tree. if not, get a pole saw, or if you dont have a pole saw, then you can just use about a 16" piece of 2x4 nailed to a rope, its usually pretty easy to snap off a small section.
a typical 3' madrona section.

full

Are there those types of Trees in Utah?? That would be a nice piece to my chams cage!!!:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom