Where to buy an Oorana Mena...

If I remember correctly Sceameleons is the only one who has them, under that name at least. I think oorana mena is a pseudonym for the actual local to keep the location a secret. This is just from memory though, I could be completly wrong......

I also have Oorana Mena and I think one other breeder also has them. With any luck they should be available next year.

damn those are cool looking. they look like close relatives to ambanjas(sp). Are they a newer discovery in the cham world?

Nosy Faly? Why do you think they are there? I am not trying to question your judgement just curious to how you would know that. It makes you wonder how many different color morphs there are that are undiscovered. Guess we will just have to wait for the breeders to hatch some babies.

Last edited:
Compare panthers from Nosy Faly to these so called Oorana Mena- striking resemblace isn't it. Other than a slightly more blueish hue than the more commong green that is more common in the Nosy Faly captive population currently in Europe, but it's clearly possible that several individuals imported long ago that were more green would drive the captive populations further in that direction.. I do not know this, infact to know this, yoiu would actually hve to have seen the site where they were collected, and I can tell you now that only a handfull of people from North Amera have seen panthers in Nosy Faly.

Also, it is likely that almost all the defined locales that appear to us from now on, will likely be from islands where they have developped their unique colourations over the time that separated the island from the mainland of madagascar. There are also potentially sublocales with very very minute differences, such as the large variation seen within the north west coast near the towns of Ambilobe and Sirama, or Sambava and their look alikes from closer to Andapa. What makes panthers from Nosy Mitsio so radically different to Panthers from near nearest Mainland location (Ambilobe) when panthers on the East coast near Fenerive look quite similar to those completely segregated on Nosy Borah off shore.

The questions are endless and so until somebody spends some serious time in the country documenting all this, we are left to our pondering- and even then answers will most likely only lea us to more questions.

Last edited:
There are several islands off Madagascar known as Nosy Faly. The Oorana Mena locale is likely from the Nosy Faly east of Nosy Be. Also, the phenotypic expression of colors in wild populations changes from year to year. Take Nosy Be for instance. One year it may be near impossible to find any blue colored males when a couple years later they are much more easily found. Could be the same thing with Europe vs. US Nosy Faly stock.

Who are the Euro breeders that have the Nosy Faly? Does anyone have a link that shows a picture of the Oorana Menas that they have?

except that site is french, not german lol...that guy is a member on the other forum i read (french), but might have quit it because of some forum drama/beef

did anyone elses avg detect a threat when going to his site? I've been to that site many times long before today and this has never happened

except that site is french, not german lol...that guy is a member on the other forum i read (french), but might have quit it because of some forum drama/beef

did anyone else's avg detect a threat when going to his site? I've been to that site many times long before today and this has never happened
I didn't say it was German. I did however mention there are plenty of German sites to utilize.

No Virus detected here...

lol i know i'm just playin cause the way you worded it seemed like here, a link to a german site...

odd about the virus, says the name is JS/Psyme

Back
Top Bottom