Looking for a place to buy a veiled chameleon

Hey there welcome to the forum. Unfortunately there are very few reputable places to buy a veiled from. You could reach out to framschams and see when they expect their next clutch to be available.

If you are new to chameleons then I would go with someone like them so you ensure you are getting a healthy baby.

Hey there welcome to the forum. Unfortunately there are very few reputable places to buy a veiled from. You could reach out to framschams and see when they expect their next clutch to be available.

If you are new to chameleons then I would go with someone like them so you ensure you are getting a healthy baby.
Ok, there are other websites like Bigappleherp and backwaterreptiles and undergroundreptiles are they not good breeders?

No dont buy from any of them. Most likely you will get a sick and dying chameleon. If you really want a veiled sometimes Frams Chams breeds them. Reach out to them and see if they have any hatching soon.

No dont buy from any of them. Most likely you will get a sick and dying chameleon. If you really want a veiled sometimes Frams Chams breeds them. Reach out to them and see if they have any hatching soon.
Ok! Wow I thought there would be more reputable breeders but it seems that people who breed them don’t care about their health

Ok, there are other websites like Bigappleherp and backwaterreptiles and undergroundreptiles are they not good breeders?
I would never buy from them... In this hobby there is a big difference between a seller and a breeder with a reputable history. Issue is especially when you are new you can not pick up on all the signs of a declining or sick chameleon. So when you buy from say a big box store or the places you mentioned your chance of getting a sick chameleon are instantly 10 fold. They simply do not have the level of care that you will get buying from a reputable breeder. These are breeders that do fecal tests to ensure that there babies do not have parasites and provide the proper husbandry to ensure you do not get a sick chameleon. Reach out to Framschams especially if this is your first one. In the mean time you just make sure your cage is set up perfectly. Which we can help you with.

These days a lot of shops sale the wild caught veileds from Florida. There’s not many veiled breeders anymore. You might want to consider a panther. There’s quite a few panther breeders.

Doesn't FramsChams only have panthers?
No, they also breed Veiled Chameleons. But you would need to message them and find out when they expect their next clutch. They do not send babies younger than 3 months old. Depending on when they have some available you may be able to prepay and hold a male.

But I would not buy from any of the online places you mentioned. Just use the search function in the forum for those sites and you will see why.

Big box stores are hit and miss. If they have just gotten the babies in then you have a better chance of them being healthy. If they have been in the stores for weeks then they have had incorrect supplementation and UVB lighting. Most that are there for this longer period of time have respiratory infections from the poor caging they provide as well.

Ok! Wow I thought there would be more reputable breeders but it seems that people who breed them don’t care about their health
Unfortunately they are mass produced for big chain pet stores. Its hard for a breeder to breed veileds and compete with prices between $75 and $30. Its really sad because veiled chameleons really are so amazing. We do need some good breeders out there but that does make it difficult.

Wha about cbreptile? Is that like the other websites?
From a quick forum search, they are another to be avoided. If you are brand new to getting a chameleon, I do also suggest getting a beautiful boy panther. Besides having them readily available from a number of reputable sources, they are usually much sweeter than veileds. I simply adore my veileds, but my girl is either trying to eat my fingers or bite them and my male wants nothing to do with me. My panthers on the other hand will willingly come out onto my hand and have never once hissed or tried to bite me. Many of us have gotten beautiful young panthers from @Camiezone but I don’t know if she has any left. You can see some of them here. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/camiezone-babies-from-homer-and-big-girl.190956/ If you get a chameleon from her, it will be required for you to use a name that begins with B…or we’ll just have to put a B in front of his or her name. ;) 😂

Back
Top Bottom