Parsons chameleon eggs for sale?

YOILOVEGROG

I was looking online for parsons chameleon eggs for sale and can only find panther chameleons. I was wondering if anyone knows anyone who would sell eggs? And if it’s worth getting the eggs or just buying a young cham

Hi and welcome! I truly doubt that you will find anyone selling Parson’s eggs. Incubating Parson’s eggs is not as simple as panther or veiled eggs. I believe they need a period of brumation and take an exceptionally long time to hatch. Parson’s are usually bred by those who you could consider master level chameleon keepers and I’m guessing is done more out of love for the species than anything else. Even just keeping a Parson’s is not on the same level as keeping a panther or veiled and requires an experienced keeper with the appropriate set up. If you are new to chameleons, I would suggest starting with a male panther or veiled after learning all you can about them and current husbandry standards. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-basics/

My honest advice is don’t buy an egg whatsoever in a sense your kind of setting yourself up for failure especially if you’ve never owned a cham before. I recommend starting off with a well started CB panther that way you can get use to caring for a chameleon. Parsons are absolute amazing chameleons however if you’ve never had experience with chameleons I’d stay away from parsons for a little while as their care is a lot more intricate then most chams along with that you’ll need a giant cage if you want to do it right. I’d check out the link that miss skittles put above and starting with either a panther cham or a veiled. Best of luck on your chameleon adventure and if you ever need help or have more questions come back to the forums and we’d love to help you out! While your on chameleon academy check out his podcast on chameleon egg sales and why they are frowned upon

IMG_5327.jpeg
Yeah Parson’s egg hatching is on another level from Panther egg hatching. Actually several levels lol.

Thanks to all replies and I’ve had 2 rescue chameleons that passed and I took a break from chameleons now wanting a parsons because they live longer and are just really cool

Thanks to all replies and I’ve had 2 rescue chameleons that passed and I took a break from chameleons now wanting a parsons because they live longer and are just really cool
Not in a mean way but you also have to remember they live longer under the perfect conditions which are somewhat hard to achieve I’d definitely consider jumping back into chameleons with a parsons it’s also a little bit on the pricey side if your going to do it right atleast 10k+ including the animal

Not in a mean way but you also have to remember they live longer under the perfect conditions which are somewhat hard to achieve I’d definitely consider jumping back into chameleons with a parsons it’s also a little bit on the pricey side if your going to do it right atleast 10k+ including the animal
Yeah I know these are an investment but I’m making pretty decent money and want to try it. I’m redoing my basement into a chameleon room, it’s going to be a a free roam enclosure with lots of climbing and exploring area. It’s humid where I live I just need the temperature a little warmer and some sunlight. Maybe a few fans constantly cycling air and I’ll be set. I’ve always wanted a free roam and might as well do it with the biggest chameleon lol

Yeah I know these are an investment but I’m making pretty decent money and want to try it. I’m redoing my basement into a chameleon room, it’s going to be a a free roam enclosure with lots of climbing and exploring area. It’s humid where I live I just need the temperature a little warmer and some sunlight. Maybe a few fans constantly cycling air and I’ll be set. I’ve always wanted a free roam and might as well do it with the biggest chameleon lol
What are the current temps not sure what you’re temps are but parsons are more of a cool weather chameleon you also have to take into consideration of how your going to achieve hydration as parsons need mass amounts of hydration.

What are the current temps not sure what you’re temps are but parsons are more of a cool weather chameleon you also have to take into consideration of how your going to achieve hydration as parsons need mass amounts of hydration.
They’re 70s ish on main level but you can feel a cooler differential walking downstairs. I’d say mid to high 60s. I want there to be lots of live plants so a mixture of misting in the morning and evening and a rain system once or twice a day depending on how i do the misting schedule. I was thinking about a waterfall but I’m scared that would cause too much humidity and be a good place for bacteria to grow and make them sick.

They’re 70s ish on main level but you can feel a cooler differential walking downstairs. I’d say mid to high 60s. I want there to be lots of live plants so a mixture of misting in the morning and evening and a rain system once or twice a day depending on how i do the misting schedule. I was thinking about a waterfall but I’m scared that would cause too much humidity and be a good place for bacteria to grow and make them sick.
Just out of curiosity do you know what type of parsons you want

Calumma parsonii parsonii, if you’re asking what locale I have no idea you really can’t be picky with the locales

I’m not trying to be rude here but I think you need to do a LOT more research and maybe reconsider getting a parsons. Like we said above maybe start again with a panther or veiled and after a year or two of successfully raising that cham then consider getting a parsons as if you struggle even a little bit with those chams your in for a world of hurt with a parsons

Getting back into the hobby, I still advise getting a chameleon like a panther or veiled. None of us will argue with you about reasons for wanting a Parson’s - they are a dream for so many of us. Getting their parameters and all of their needs met can be a huge challenge though and failure is not an option. While you’re enjoying and caring for a panther or veiled and getting back in the swing of chameleon keeping, research, research, research all you can about Parson’s. Have a solid plan. Get your set up in place and make sure everything is just as it needs to be. Make whatever adjustments before actually putting a chameleon there. See how well your system runs. Once you have everything just perfect and have worked out all of the bugs, and know just about all you can about keeping Parson’s, then look for a healthy cb baby from a reputable breeder. Set yourself up for nothing but success. :)

I’m not trying to be rude here but I think you need to do a LOT more research and maybe reconsider getting a parsons. Like we said above maybe start again with a panther or veiled and after a year or two of successfully raising that cham then consider getting a parsons as if you struggle even a little bit with those chams your in for a world of hurt with a parsons
I’m probably not going to reconsider getting a parsons but I rescued 2 very sick chameleons and kept them alive and well much longer than I thought so I’m confident with a little more research and time I could get a parsons. Also would like to point out I wanted eggs at first and those alone take 2 years to hatch so I guess that says something about how patient I am to get one

I’m probably not going to reconsider getting a parsons but I rescued 2 very sick chameleons and kept them alive and well much longer than I thought so I’m confident with a little more research and time I could get a parsons. Also would like to point out I wanted eggs at first and those alone take 2 years to hatch so I guess that says something about how patient I am to get one
You do you man but wanting an egg proves nothing but lack of knowledge it seems like there’s a lot you could be educated on & seem set on getting a parsons & not taking anyone’s advice so Good luck getting one 😭hope your successful

You do you man but wanting an egg proves nothing but lack of knowledge it seems like there’s a lot you could be educated on & seem set on getting a parsons & not taking anyone’s advice so Good luck getting one 😭hope your successful
Chameleon academy, an owner of parsons chameleons, made a video and an article about eggs and how he’s totally okay with it it just comes down to your preference. He’s owned plenty of chameleons and definitely knows what he’s doing. All I wanted was to know if I can buy eggs from a parsons.

@YOILOVEGROG You have already started your path to learning more about Parson’s by asking if you can buy an egg. Learning starts with the first questions. :) Use your patience and continue asking questions and learning all about them and their husbandry needs. Since you were willing to wait two years for an egg to hatch, wait two years and gain as much knowledge and experience as you can in this time. In the end, you and your chameleon will fully appreciate all of your patience and hard work.

I would strongly encourage adding a fogger into your system. It’ll cut down on your water use.
Create better humidity at night. But cool temperatures are a must in the evening they can handle temperatures up into the 80s and I find they eat better when they get a bit warmer in the daytime. but I would seriously not consider doing the egg route. And I don’t think you’ll find a breeder that would be willing to give you one. Your best option would be to get a six month old the first six months are very tricky. If you’re seriously looking hit up Primo Chamaeleons on Facebook. I have four I also urge you to consider having outdoor enclosures and giving them as much outside time as possible . I used to keep indoors mostly but the difference between keeping them indoors and outdoors is literally day and night. They do so much better outdoors.

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpeg
    IMG_0037.jpeg
    833.6 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom