When you already have 2... Why not have 3... Introducing!

OMG the cuteness... Bentley hates the phone. body length is a little less then 3 inches. Those wee pink toes ❤

9-6-20_1.jpg

See that would be like an instant panic attack for me. Although two new ones in two months... Not sure what the heck I was thinking.
You will get this since you have so many... I think the interesting thing for me is how very different they each are. From the colors they fire up to actual personality. Beman and Bane are very different in all ways. Should be neat to see how Bentley is compared to the other two.

I guess I was just very ignorant before.. It is easy to say that they are all different. The hands on experience in the differences though has taught me more then I could ever learn from reading.
They are all absolutely different in personality and they have all changed since birth too. Except for Basil my oldest lol! He tolerates me but is still scared when I hold him.

LOL I thought you said 2 was the max... looks like you took my recommendation on changing that number to 3 ?
Congrats on the new addition to your home, he's a cutie!

They are all absolutely different in personality and they have all changed since birth too. Except for Basil my oldest lol! He tolerates me but is still scared when I hold him.
Did you find it surprising though? I have. Like I understood one is not the same as another but I don't think I really realized it.

It has taken me much longer to get Bane to not be as fearful of me vs Beman. I have done the exact same things with Bane that I did with Beman to build trust. I finally have him understanding that my hands mean food and this is how I lure him out for weight checks. But he does not tolerate me or enjoy being out of his home. He has warmed up so much just in the last week though. Will come to the front of the cage for his treats. But he is constantly on guard like he is expecting something to happen to him. Beman was like sure take me out after a few weeks lol. Then was glued to me for the next 10 months until he matured.

I think what I love most about this hobby are all the different areas in which we learn and grow as keepers.

You will get this since you have so many... I think the interesting thing for me is how very different they each are. From the colors they fire up to actual personality. Beman and Bane are very different in all ways. Should be neat to see how Bentley is compared to the other two.

I guess I was just very ignorant before.. It is easy to say that they are all different. The hands on experience in the differences though has taught me more then I could ever learn from reading.
That's difficult for me to reconcile. Different life experiences I expect.
People (children), dogs, cats, horses... pretty much every animal—including the reptiles—I've been exposed to has had a "personality" different from any other.

What's surprised me is when some of them (that you wouldn't expect) get along and even become buds. Or when different species have similarities you might not expect.

These are just some of the traits that endear us to the animals that enrich our lives. :)

Did you find it surprising though? I have. Like I understood one is not the same as another but I don't think I really realized it.

It has taken me much longer to get Bane to not be as fearful of me vs Beman. I have done the exact same things with Bane that I did with Beman to build trust. I finally have him understanding that my hands mean food and this is how I lure him out for weight checks. But he does not tolerate me or enjoy being out of his home. He has warmed up so much just in the last week though. Will come to the front of the cage for his treats. But he is constantly on guard like he is expecting something to happen to him. Beman was like sure take me out after a few weeks lol. Then was glued to me for the next 10 months until he matured.

I think what I love most about this hobby are all the different areas in which we learn and grow as keepers.
It’s surprising for sure, but it makes me kinda sad lol! I didn’t realize it either until their personalities started to change lol ? Hatching them from an egg I thought they would all be fine with me but that wasn’t the case lol! April sees me everyday and she is still super skittish. She does really well outside it’s just really hard to get her out. The boys are good so I’ll take 2 out of 3 lol!

I love the hobby as well and have learned so much in such a short period of time. My husband refers to me as the “LizardLady” ? but I will keep my crew at 4. I didn’t realize how much work feeding and cleaning would be lol!! And the set ups...???

It’s surprising for sure, but it makes me kinda sad lol! I didn’t realize it either until their personalities started to change lol ? Hatching them from an egg I thought they would all be fine with me but that wasn’t the case lol! April sees me everyday and she is still super skittish. She does really well outside it’s just really hard to get her out. The boys are good so I’ll take 2 out of 3 lol!

I love the hobby as well and have learned so much in such a short period of time. My husband refers to me as the “LizardLady” ? but I will keep my crew at 4. I didn’t realize how much work feeding and cleaning would be lol!! And the set ups...???
Yeah but I would rather be the crazy Cham lady over the crazy Cat lady any day. :hilarious:

Congrats on Bentley and plunging into the "3" club! I've found that 3 is my perfect number when it comes to chams - I keep them all in the same room, 2 on 1 wall, 1 on the other, and it seems to work out well. I'll be looking forward to watching Bentley grow up - translucent veileds aren't my thing, but I'd be curious to see how they look as they grow. Good luck!

Congrats on Bentley and plunging into the "3" club! I've found that 3 is my perfect number when it comes to chams - I keep them all in the same room, 2 on 1 wall, 1 on the other, and it seems to work out well. I'll be looking forward to watching Bentley grow up - translucent veileds aren't my thing, but I'd be curious to see how they look as they grow. Good luck!
Thanks! I think it will be my perfect number. Do you have all Veileds?

Back
Top Bottom