When I bring my Cham home

lotus02

I will be picking up my Adult Veiled Chameleons and their cages on the weekend. I'm very excited these will be my first chameleons their set ups comes complete with misting systems. The person no longer has time for them. I did a lot of reading and talking with other owners on care and feeding, so I am not going blindly into this. My son has Geckos and we order food bulk so I have lots on hand. My question is they have to travel 3 hours to get home plus I have reset up the cages what would be the best method without stressing them a whole lot. These are the methods I was recommended , Critter carrier placed in cooler or pillow case in cooler I do not want to stress them at all if I can help it. I do have a couple artificial ficus trees should I put them in the trees while I set up the cages or leave them in the dark until I'm finished?
Your input will be much appreciated.

I would put them in small travel cages to bring them home and allow them to hang out in the trees while you set up the cages in their new home.

Thanks. I am very worried about the one as it is a senior and it is very cold here hans the cooler thought.
My friends are envious saying the misting system is a bonus plus the huge amount of vines and plants, they spent more on their set ups then I paid for the 2 plus they still had to buy the chameleon misting system had to come later for them. I will posts pics once they are settled in.

How cold does it get in your house? They like to be cool for sleeping at night. They can go as low as 65 no problem. Some people even let them get to 60 but I wouldn't. I would but a ceramic heat bulb if it drops below 65.

How cold does it get in your house? They like to be cool for sleeping at night. They can go as low as 65 no problem. Some people even let them get to 60 but I wouldn't. I would but a ceramic heat bulb if it drops below 65.

The night time temp in the house is around 69.

Back
Top Bottom