When do baby veileds start to develop colors?

cswan19

When do baby veiled chameleons start to develop more colors. I currently have 2-3 month old male veiled chameleon. He only displays shades of green. When will he start to show more colors like red, blue, orange, yellow, etc.? Thanks:)

When do baby veiled chameleons start to develop more colors. I currently have 2-3 month old male veiled chameleon. He only displays shades of green. When will he start to show more colors like red, blue, orange, yellow, etc.? Thanks:)

he wont, vieleds are mainly green with some yellow or torqourise ( not sure of the spelling) and spots of black. Reds, blues, orange are mainly associated with Panthers from what Ive seen. sorry to burst your bubble and expectations.

he wont, vieleds are mainly green with some yellow or torqourise ( not sure of the spelling) and spots of black. Reds, blues, orange are mainly associated with Panthers from what Ive seen. sorry to burst your bubble and expectations.
totally not true!! veileds develop a very nice color variation!
this thread has lots of great veileds showing off their amazing colors, i think this may change your mind about their colors ;)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/show-me-your-veileds-103514/

as Olimpia said, around 6 months or a little later they will start developing more of their colors! enjoy this time with him though and take lots of pics cuz hes going to grow up quick!! :D

totally not true!! veileds develop a very nice color variation!
this thread has lots of great veileds showing off their amazing colors, i think this may change your mind about their colors ;)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/show-me-your-veileds-103514/

as Olimpia said, around 6 months or a little later they will start developing more of their colors! enjoy this time with him though and take lots of pics cuz hes going to grow up quick!! :D

Yes I don't know why one would think veileds don't show a variety of colors? I have a torquiose and yellow male. My female has turned brown black green yellow, redish, purple ish, all sorts of colors! Check out my pics too if you'd like :)

Mine is about 5-6 months and I just started noticing his colors. It's an odd variety but whites, reds, browns, usual green, little black with an orange surround. He has yet to fully develop his stripes but you can easily see them. I can't wait for him to really show some colors. Also he has been upset on his cage size hopefully the bigger one coming in tomorrow will brighten up his mood

Veiled chameleons colors

It toke a long long time for my male to start showing his colors. He's still young and has more to show. But they are very colorful. Just give him time and keep him feed and healthy. Don't give up. I almost did until I saw my mothers hit a point where he just started growing and with more and more color as time went on.

Yes Veiled's can be very colorful especially when fired up. Give him about three more months he'll start firing up for you. :D

Mine started getting stripes first then each shed he got more colorful from there. 6 months they start to show a lot of color but 9 months has been the brightest he's been but I'm sure he still has more to go. Lots more yellow and teal with little spots and stuff.

I got this guy at the end of November, he was about 5/6 weeks old. Hes just now starting to display more than the green lizard look. You can probably tell which are his upset colors and which are his happy ones, lol.. He doesn't like my camera when hes in his cage

Attachments

• 20190123_203341.jpg
    20190123_203341.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 378
  • 20190124_141944.jpg
    20190124_141944.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 640
Velds are not the most colorful kinds of chameleons. But they do have some nice colors to them. My veiled is green and yellow when he's asleep like most velids. When he is angry he is a darker green and gray color. There are small yellow bars in between his stripes. You can see in the picture below. IMG_20181213_203733704.jpg IMG_20181016_173644195.jpg

yes, my veiled is a nice turquoise with yellow and orange bars! thy grow fast so watch out, few more months and you're little one may start to show off some adult coloration. also to everyone who posted of their chams, your chams all look great!!!

Attachments

• 0F29D988-0110-4D53-AA87-4169A4024EFD.jpg
    0F29D988-0110-4D53-AA87-4169A4024EFD.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 290
yes, my veiled is a nice turquoise with yellow and orange bars! thy grow fast so watch out, few more months and you're little one may start to show off some adult coloration. also to everyone who posted of their chams, your chams all look great!!!
OoO I love the turquoise green yours has mine is more just normal shade of green I really like that! Such good cham.

Back
Top Bottom