what's you opinions on Climist vs Mistking? (timer specifically, and/or whole unit)

This all depends on how many misters you want to put on the second enclosure. You will definitely need a (T) connector, and a mister, and tubing, and if you choose a second mister choose the one with the (T) connector.
Thanks for the advicd and yeah its a small enclosure probly just 1 for now.

Just my two cents, I've had my MistKing for 4 years and have had no issues. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. I don't have experience with Climist.

I don't have a Climist but have a MistKing setup in my PDF vivarium that has been up and running for around 8 years. Not one problem during this time frame.

Just wondering if you ever went ahead and got the Climist system?

I actually put a lot of thought into it and went with a MistKing System instead of the Climist. Sure, it's a bit more by about $30 or so. Saving money is always a plus in my book, so at first I was leaning heavily on the Climist since it seems to be the same thing. I asked Marty about it and he told me they basically copied his idea. But the reason I went with MistKing and paid a tad more is because when it all really came down to it, Marty and MistKing sponsor the Chameleon Forums here. Climist doesn't. Marty and MistKing seem to be actively involved in quite a few forums to keep in touch with their customers as well. I've seen them on other forums besides the CF here. So, because they are active and specifically here with us chameleon keepers from time to time to check in on us all, I decided to support the MistKing business. I've heard mostly good things about the systems with the only issues I've ever heard of being the failed timers here and there on the old style timers. But that issue has been resolved with the new and sleek looking timers they come with now.

I've had my MistKing now since May and I love it. Works great. When I received the unit, there was actually a problem with the ST-24 timer. Part of the screen on it was a bit glitched out and I couldn't get it to look right. It's like it crushed itself somehow within its own box. I was a little disappointed that it looked like that and not how it was supposed to so I emailed Marty and sent him pics of it and explained the situation. He was very quick to respond and had a new timer in the mail within a day. Great customer service. I got everything all hooked up and it all works great.

I've been meaning to do an enclosure review for a couple months now but I'd been waiting for plants to fill the cage out more. I also had to replant a certain potter a couple times with a different plant because it's apparently sitting in an area that is a bit difficult to get a plant to grow even though I've been using all shade-loving plants in that specific potter. I think I got it good now though. The review is soon to come..... It's all looking really great now. (y)

I too have a MistKing had it for over 6 years and love it. I have accidently run the pump dry not once but three times over the years, and it still works as good as the day I bought it. Good luck

Im sure both are good quality mist systems I thought both were sponsors even though people only talk about 1.

I thought both were sponsors even though people only talk about 1

Well, technically you are correct in that matter. Climist is sold by the COASTAL SILKWORMS company, which is a site sponsor. BUT.... Climist also has it's own web page and everything as well too.

http://www.coastalsilkworms.com/
http://www.climist.com/

And I find this to be a littly fishy and quite odd, because if you scroll down to the bottom of both pages...

Coastal Silkworms
8445 Spicewood Dr.
Jacksonville, FL 32216, USA

Coastal Exotics, Inc.
8445 Spicewood Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32216 USA

You can see that they both have the same address. Even their phone numbers are the same...

"Call us: (904) 247-6660"

So my thought was.... Why would Climist need its own website if it is made and sold by Coastal Silkworms? If the Coastal Silkworm company makes it, then why not have it all on one site? Obviously they are one in the same because the address and phone number is the same for them both. So why is the Climist product on the Coastal Silkworms website, but the silkworms aren't sold on the Climist website?

I found that to be very very odd to be honest...... Maybe someone can tag Coastal Silkworms here and they can let us know why it is that way? I'd tag them here but I don't know what username is associated with their business here....

In the end though, I went with MistKing and Marty is great with replies. Wouldn't change it for the world.

What problems I haven't noticed any problems where is this coming from?
My Mistking timer quit around year 2 however this was a non-issue as I have a digital aquatics herpkeeper. My Mistking has been running (and running dry at times) since 2010. Once every month or so I clean out the tiny screens in the spray heads.

I would say that is a pretty darn dependable piece of equipment.

I Highly recommend MistKing.

Well, technically you are correct in that matter. Climist is sold by the COASTAL SILKWORMS company, which is a site sponsor. BUT.... Climist also has it's own web page and everything as well too.

http://www.coastalsilkworms.com/
http://www.climist.com/

And I find this to be a littly fishy and quite odd, because if you scroll down to the bottom of both pages...

Coastal Silkworms
8445 Spicewood Dr.
Jacksonville, FL 32216, USA

Coastal Exotics, Inc.
8445 Spicewood Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32216 USA

You can see that they both have the same address. Even their phone numbers are the same...

"Call us: (904) 247-6660"

So my thought was.... Why would Climist need its own website if it is made and sold by Coastal Silkworms? If the Coastal Silkworm company makes it, then why not have it all on one site? Obviously they are one in the same because the address and phone number is the same for them both. So why is the Climist product on the Coastal Silkworms website, but the silkworms aren't sold on the Climist website?

I found that to be very very odd to be honest...... Maybe someone can tag Coastal Silkworms here and they can let us know why it is that way? I'd tag them here but I don't know what username is associated with their business here....

In the end though, I went with MistKing and Marty is great with replies. Wouldn't change it for the world.
Lmao fishy? There is nothing odd about that at all.

I have seen user issues for mist king alot on here no matter how much some people want to push it !

@rminnis I don't think any of us are pushing MistKing, we are just giving our experiences. As far as Climist is concerned as for me I can't give any self experience because I have never owned one they look like they would be fine to me. I don't believe any of us are on Marty's payroll. or are being given anything in return for a good review just trying to help someone in the decision making process.

Pretty much what bronie64 wrote. No one is pushing Mistking. Just giving feedback from actual user ownership and usage of the Mistking products. Like I wrote earlier. I have had my Mistking running for about 8 years with no problems. That is my personal feedback. Nothing more...Nothing less. None of the Mistking owners on this thread slammed Climist.

There is nothing odd about that at all.

You don't think it's odd that two different companies, on two different websites, have the same address and the same phone number, which makes them the exact same company? So if they are the same, then why do they have two different websites? I'd definitely consider that odd.

You don't think it's odd that two different companies, on two different websites, have the same address and the same phone number, which makes them the exact same company? So if they are the same, then why do they have two different websites? I'd definitely consider that odd.
Might need to do it for financial reasons, perhaps to have certain separations for tax or fiduciary purposes.

Not at all. Totally normal. Companies do this all the time.

Two different products, two different (if overlapping) audiences. It could be a marketing angle, a tax purpose, an issue with insect distribution (not sure if they are subject to special inspection or regulations), or some other totally normal reason. Lots of companies have subsidiaries, "doing business as" aliases, or sister companies that are set up separately for tax purposes that may wholly share mailing address.

FWIW, lots of the "issues" people have with the Mistking seem to be related to getting the timer set up properly. Once that hurdle is passed, we very rarely hear about an actual system failure, especially compared to the cheaper systems. I had an old-style timer fail once when my MK was new. It was under a one year warranty, and they replaced it no questions asked. Marty even tried to help me troubleshoot it on case it was an easy fix (loose connection, etc) - great customer service. Never a problem since. I have the replacement timer and a new-style timer, both still work great. I have let the MK pump run dry more times than I should have; reprime it and you're good to go, no damage to the pump.

Its actually pretty smart to market a misting system in an area where people buy an extremely popular food item! It helped put the product in front of me. While many people do really push certain places on here to an annoying degree I was just referring to the ignorant people saying climist doesnt provide good customer service or saying that something is fishy because the product is on two websites. I know you guys are all buddy buddy with certain sponsors and try to refer as many people to your friends as possible but dont spread lies and misinformation about a product just because you bought what everyone else told you to buy.

Its actually pretty smart to market a misting system in an area where people buy an extremely popular food item! It helped put the product in front of me. While many people do really push certain places on here to an annoying degree I was just referring to the ignorant people saying climist doesnt provide good customer service or saying that something is fishy because the product is on two websites. I know you guys are all buddy buddy with certain sponsors and try to refer as many people to your friends as possible but dont spread lies and misinformation about a product just because you bought what everyone else told you to buy.

So, I now have an issue with this. I have no allegiance to ANY company, but would like to share some good experiences with those who are looking to make decisions. I know nothing of Climist customer service, but maybe you do? If so, I'd love to know about it. No one ever told me to buy anything. There were many that shared what they use, and I made educated decisions based on everything I read.
I do take issue with generalizations. Please do not lump all that share an opinion as the same, and don't assume that you know how they feel or why. I just added to this thread that I haven't had one issue in 4 years. That's pretty impressive for something that is working multiple times a day.
Sponsors on the Forums are not my friends, and I don'the like what you are implying. I hope those who are using the forums are considering sponsors before others, but there is no allegiance. I chose Misting over another sponsor at the time and BOTH were sponsors. That isn't the reason why I picked one over the other though. I made a decision based on my research, which included lots of forum member's experiences.

I have never needed to call Climist customer service, their product just works great for me. I thinks that is better than spending $30 more on a pump and saying when it breaks I'll get great customer support. I hope to never have any contact with Climist customer service or support. My only contact with Climist will be to order another system when I have more chams (unless there is another company with equal or better quality for lower price).

I'm finding it really strange that some members are inferring here that others are putting down the Climist system. I think this might be a case of tone not translating properly in text. No one is bashing Climist. It's a relatively new product compared to the Mistking, so there are just going to be more members who have long term experience with MK right now than the Climist system.

The best customer service is never having to call customer service - I definitely agree with @JGuinan007 on that! But knowing that *if* you do have a problem the company will be there for you is really valuable. (Fyi, my MK pump did not break. The old style timer which I understand has since been discontinued by MK because of issues with the manufacturer, blew a capacitor. Easy replacement, no damage to the system.)

These systems are pricey, and we expect to have them working day in and day out with zero failures for years - that's a lot to ask for any consumer-grade product, ask anyone with a SW fish tank.

I shared my experience with the product I know because I've been extremely satisfied with both the product and the support I have received. Full stop. If you "read" more into it that that, that's an issue with you, not me.

Back
Top Bottom