What type of chameleon is the friendliest?

AndrewWelch

I have a Veiled cham and sadly he doesn't like me very well. I know that just because all chams are shy, but what type is the most outgoing, friendliest?

jacksons

I used to have a female veiled cham. she wasent the friendliest but she sure was nice to watch and so aggressive towards her food.
now that i have a jacksons cham. well i find he is way more chill...a little shy at times but with moderate handling he is pretty cool..at times he doesent like being handled but he wont attack my hand jajajalike my veiled used to

I used to have a female veiled cham. she wasent the friendliest but she sure was nice to watch and so aggressive towards her food.
now that i have a jacksons cham. well i find he is way more chill...a little shy at times but with moderate handling he is pretty cool..at times he doesent like being handled but he wont attack my hand jajajalike my veiled used to

I wish I could have gotten a jackson :/. But, I hope in time my veiled will get friendly. I've had him for a week and he still won't get anywhere near me, at all.

how old? my female veiled can be a true bitch at times, but if i lure her onto my hand and hold her for a while, then bring my finger under her chin (theoretically letting her know i won't hurt her) she chills out. she also is mad chill when she is on my hand while basking.

If you've only had him for a week...you cant expect much. A lot of the people on here with the nicest chams are people who have had them for 6 months... a year.. several years.

Its a slow road to gain trust most of the time.. Veileds seem to get the wrap of being very grumpy but many people find them to be some of the friendlier chams they have/ have had... I have 2 ambilobe and neither come up to me, its just kind of luck of the draw.

how old? my female veiled can be a true bitch at times, but if i lure her onto my hand and hold her for a while, then bring my finger under her chin (theoretically letting her know i won't hurt her) she chills out. she also is mad chill when she is on my hand while basking.

He's about 4-5 months, but has been in my home for 1 week today.

alot of people say panther or veiled is the friendliest. what i'm going to tell you is that it really depends on the chameleon itself. out of mine the only "mean" ones are the female veileds. my "friendliest" is my male veiled. the panthers are kind of in the middle. the jackson's are about the same, just don't care either way. that being said the most aggressive cham i have ever seen was a big male veiled. it really depends on each chameleon.

keep trying, and luring with their favorite food is always good. it's too early to tell if he'll stay like that

i agree. clair is grumpy but getting used to love :) today she ate her grape and was sorta "happy" afterwards. she puff a little when i pick her up but once she knows where shes going she calms down. i can pet her under her chin and she also clams down. Freerangeing has also made her much happier(look into ALOT before doing).

ps- the way to their heart is food and sunning. i wouldnt try that yet tho. give your little baby some time and let it get used to life with you before you start moveing it around. goodluck and keep us updated!

its all about the chameleon, some chameleons are social and like being handled, some dont. Personally my Female jacksons chameleon is my most friendly and social, but as a species in its own, i say the panther chameleons are the most tame, and easy to handle

Wait so I'm confused whats the panther theory, and which is the nicest? Is it jackson's veileds or panthers? What have people had the most luck with.

It really doesn't depend on the type of chameleon that much. It's if you have luck getting a shy chameleon or an active chameleon. Also it's lucky if you get one that is aggressive or friendly. Veileds, panthers and jacksons are all great. Again it just depends on your luck.

Oustelets

They are huge and awesome! Have a picture
srvenites1_zpsb9b98fc5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom