What the hell did I got on my roaches

leedragon

Chameleon Enthusiast
O ordered a batch of P Nivea. Looking at the boxes they came in I saw larvas crawling.

Amy idea what this is? Parasites? The sjoppment was delayed almost 3 weeks so I wonder if the parasites tried to escape the dying green banana roaches during this time. Being winter and stiff over here.

O ordered a batch of P Nivea. Looking at the boxes they came in I saw larvas crawling.

Amy idea what this is? Parasites? The sjoppment was delayed almost 3 weeks so I wonder if the parasites tried to escape the dying green banana roaches during this time. Being winter and stiff over here.

Looks like a larva , can’t tell you what kind too hard to see in the picture .

I agree with @crosscutts. Looks like a larvae of a fly. You could probably ask the insect breeder if they are breeding any type of fly like blue bottle or green bottle flies. I would definitely let the breeder know, I'm sure they can help identify what the larvae belong to.

I agree with @crosscutts. Looks like a larvae of a fly. You could probably ask the insect breeder if they are breeding any type of fly like blue bottle or green bottle flies. I would definitely let the breeder know, I'm sure they can help identify what the larvae belong to.
I got the answer that it may be fruitfly larva from the food he gave them for the journey. But the looke huge to be fruit fly?

I got the answer that it may be fruitfly larva from the food he gave them for the journey. But the looke huge to be fruit fly?
I originally thought fruit fly as well, but then they looked a little big. But based on your finger, I change my mind. They could be hydei fruit fly larvae. It's hard to tell size based on a photo/video. But it definitely could be fruit fly larvae. Though it might just be beneficial to remove the roaches and toss the container they are in. Regardless of fly larvae, the roach quality should still be the same. No need to toss them out.

In another place and time I’d suggest fire as a way to solve the problem. Now, after developing a respect for roaches, I’d say to remove them to a new substrate and toss what they came i

In another place and time I’d suggest fire as a way to solve the problem. Now, after developing a respect for roaches, I’d say to remove them to a new substrate and toss what they came in.
Fire it is. No but I got rid of them. I was gonna take a box and handle over the state veterinarian department for parasite Id. But it got too much for me. I just threw everything and cleaning everything with hospital graded alcohol designfecting.

If that is a fruit fly larva, then you live next to a nuke plant.

Guessing its just blue bottle or house fly. It seems you maybe running a bit wet in the tank.

But honestly you are going to end up with cleaner crew one way or the other :p

fire destroy GIF
:hilarious:

Back
Top Bottom