What size should I give my pygmy

Fool

His full grown I don't know if to feed him 1/4 or 3/8 crickets I'm thinking 3/8 but the pet store said fruit flies but they seem to small for him I know he can eat bigger but in less quantity what do you think is 3/8 to big?

His full grown I don't know if to feed him 1/4 or 3/8 crickets I'm thinking 3/8 but the pet store said fruit flies but they seem to small for him I know he can eat bigger but in less quantity what do you think is 3/8 to big?

When I had mine, I gave them 1/4. Sometimes, they would get some in between, or on the bigger side, but 1/4 worked for me

I give mine 1/4 too. Getting them that small also lets them grow a little before they're too big to use. Right now my last batch has grown to 3/8 and they're too big for them. I don't use fruit flies because the top of the pygmy viv is screen and I'd have flies everywhere...the tiny crickets work great though!

I feed 1/8", but I buy them in big lots so they grow a bit by the time they're done. My Werner's gets 3/8". I'm kind of a loser (ok, not kind of), as I feed all my chams fairly small feeders because I'm afraid they'll choke. You all can stop rolling your eyes now LOL

I feed 1/8", but I buy them in big lots so they grow a bit by the time they're done. My Werner's gets 3/8". I'm kind of a loser (ok, not kind of), as I feed all my chams fairly small feeders because I'm afraid they'll choke. You all can stop rolling your eyes now LOL

Lol!! They have teeth you know...they use them to chew appropriate sized feeders..;):):rolleyes::D

I take all my feeders, put them in a food processer, mix untill blended smooth. Then spoon them on crackers and serve with a fine red wine to my babies!!!!!

I take all my feeders, put them in a food processer, mix untill blended smooth. Then spoon them on crackers and serve with a fine red wine to my babies!!!!!

Hmmm... I'd try that but I'd worry the crackers would be too dry and they'd choke on the crumb bits because they'd be a little tipsy from the wine.

You're taking a big risk! :)

Back
Top Bottom