Brown crickets

Right, thank you for all your help mate. I went to local reptile shop, I took the boxes of lights with me, they told me straight away too much uvb, they recommended keeping the 16% as it will gradually decrease and if I keep it high enough it'll be fine for now but I'll invest in thermostat. I changed the Mercury light bulb for the one without uvb and I've been explained on what distance to keep it away from the top branch. The guy in shop basically said that guys gave us completely wrong setup and ripped us off a little bit as well. I bought the same supplements as you, I'm gonna keep little journal as you do as it makes sense.
Weird thing for ya, as soon as I replaced the bulb, he changed to really beautiful light green colour and started eating!
I'll wait for the message regarding his poo samples. How often do I need to send them off? And how much does it cost?

Once again thank you
Keeping the high percentage uv is not correct, yes it will lower after time but unless you are going to raise it around18 / 22 inchesfrom basking the uv will be be too high ( baskingfergusonzone is 2/3 ) what distancedid they reccomend( arcadia is reccomended for a year)

Attachments

• 20230606_204101.jpg
    20230606_204101.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 40
This reading is taken with a used 12% at 9 inches

Attachments

• 20230606_210240.jpg
    20230606_210240.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 43
Right, thank you for all your help mate. I went to local reptile shop, I took the boxes of lights with me, they told me straight away too much uvb, they recommended keeping the 16% as it will gradually decrease and if I keep it high enough it'll be fine for now but I'll invest in thermostat. I changed the Mercury light bulb for the one without uvb and I've been explained on what distance to keep it away from the top branch. The guy in shop basically said that guys gave us completely wrong setup and ripped us off a little bit as well. I bought the same supplements as you, I'm gonna keep little journal as you do as it makes sense.
Weird thing for ya, as soon as I replaced the bulb, he changed to really beautiful light green colour and started eating!
I'll wait for the message regarding his poo samples. How often do I need to send them off? And how much does it cost?

Once again thank you
Your

Once again thank you
Your welcome I pm you 5he person who does the tests, also adding a variety of feeders is better ie , dubia roaches, bsfl ,and silkworms, you can get these from the places I already mentioned or live foods direct, also adding fresh foods to your feeders is a better alternative than dry gutload ( but it works for some , I would also consider changing your basking dome to an exoterra with a ceramic inside rather than the shiny one you have as they tend to produce hot spots and the ceramic projects heat better, ( welcome to the world of chameleons) 😆I know it can be overwhelming but one thing at time we all started somewhere, and chameleons are worth it 👌

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230513_194102_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230513_194102_Samsung Internet.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom