What should I do now???

Becca G

My question to everyone now is what to do in the mean time? I've been putting him up under the light despite his tendency to chill lower in the cage. I've been syringe feeding him water and coaxing him to eat. When I got home from work he was on the bottom of the cage sleeping! Something I've never seen him do. The appt to put him to sleep is saturday. Do I force him to drink and bask and eat to last him until saturday only to inject him with something....? That seems terrible. Or do I let him sleep on the bottom of the cage and let nature take it's course? I prob just answered my own question, but would appreciate the feedback....

My question to everyone now is what to do in the mean time? I've been putting him up under the light despite his tendency to chill lower in the cage. I've been syringe feeding him water and coaxing him to eat. When I got home from work he was on the bottom of the cage sleeping! Something I've never seen him do. The appt to put him to sleep is saturday. Do I force him to drink and bask and eat to last him until saturday only to inject him with something....? That seems terrible. Or do I let him sleep on the bottom of the cage and let nature take it's course? I prob just answered my own question, but would appreciate the feedback....

I don't understand why the vet didn't put him to sleep at the vet appointment you had today. I would let him be and try not to stress him out anymore then he already is.

The vet appt was yesterday and he wasnt sure if he was in kidney failure. He was waiting for the blood to confirm. Based on the results he got today and the way he looked during the exam... That's what he suggested.

I think if I were you, I'd Offer him water dripped on his snout when you can, see if he licks it. Otherwise, I think I'd just let him be on the bottom of the cage. He may pass on his own and save the traumatic experience of the next vet visit. Even if he lingers, at least his last days wont have been overly stressful.

Back
Top Bottom