What is this growing on my chameleons eye?

fullspectrum

I noticed these two little bumps on my chameleon after he shed about 3 days ago. After looking at a photo taken a couple weeks ago, you can see somewhat see them, so I'm wondering if the bumps are growing and how big of an issue this is. Also is there any meaning for the changing of colors in the eyes from red to this grey color?

Attachments

• CIMG3918.jpg
    CIMG3918.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 196
  • CIMG3915.jpg
    CIMG3915.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 278
  • CIMG3926.jpg
    CIMG3926.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 180
I can't really tell what the bumps might be, but they could be small abscesses. I'd have a vet look at them and possibly sample the skin for a bacterial culture. There's a chance they are clogged skin pores but again can't tell from pictures. Can't help with the color change...not a panther color expert.

Have you tried taking a moistened q-tip and seeing if you can work it loose? It could be retained shed I cant tell from the pics. If it is an abcess you wont be able to loosen it. But I'd try taking some warm water and moistening a q-tip and see if you can get it loose first. If that doesnt work I'd schedule an appt with the vet before it got any bigger.

It is difficult to see what they are, but Gizzy once had a similar looking lump on her leg and the vet said it was nothing to worry about. It disappeared about a month later. If you are worried it wouldn`t hurt just to speak to or visit the your vet and ask their advice.

thanks for the responses everyone. I am sorry about the pictures. it was hard to get a good shot of it. I am going to keep and eye on it and maybe see a vet. I'm gonna gently see what a Q tip will do. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom