What does he not like the calcium powder.

Triggerfreak

My little vield has gotten picky.He does not like to eat the crickets that have been dusted.I can put 4 crickets in a bowl that are dusted and one that is not.He will pick out the one that is not dusted and leave the rest and wont touch them at all.What should i do, just give hem non dusted ones.I don't want him to starve.He is only about 4 inches and i have had him for 2 weeks and he just started getting picky.He has been eating about 4 medium crickets a day.

How much are you dusting the crickets? Do they look completely coated or is there just a little supplement on them? They shouldn't look like ghosts, perhaps there is too much supplement and he's not liking the powdery texture.

Or start feeding silkworms and hornworms more often to stimulate his appetite.

-Dave
SPF

4 crickets doesn't seem to be enough in my experience. At 2 months old my babies will eat about 10-12 1/2" crickets. If they are larger then that you will find dead crickets in the bottom of the cage where they tried to eat them and spit them out. Take a tweezer pinch of your calcium to shake your crickets in. That is all they need. If you are worried about your cham not being able to eat 10 crickets try feeding him 2x a day. You will get a better understanding of his food needs.

Back
Top Bottom