What are your "real" jobs

Clean and decorate fish aquariums. Pays better than most jobs and is flexible. I've been doing it for over 15 years. Also raise dart frogs. Debbie

I am a UPS driver and have been working for ups for 8 years now, i cant complain the job is good and the money is just right!

I work on cars! everything from oil changes to yanking out engines ive done it. I think it might time to move from the customer scene and find something government based like maintainence jobs im tired of relying on people to make my money when im doing the hard work....

im in college for the end of my 3rd year. im going for a major in astronomy, and i hope to go to the moon (too bad they dont send astronomers to the moon), but i hope i will be studing astronomy one day or teaching it at a college. i work right now at value city department stores making minimum wage. boo. ive been looking for a new job but have yet to fill out any applications.

I have to say that my daughter got me hooked on chameleons. I just love them. I am not a breeder and I know there are a few GREAT ones on here, but the rest of you....what do you do to keep the lights on??

I am a finish carpenter. I own my own business and work on a lot of upscale new construction houses. I also started a new venture called Howie Salt. Its a dry spice blend for almost any food item. (Howiesalt.com) Would love to know what the rest of you do?

Matt

I (Justin) am a contractor for a company called Five Hills LLC.Its a company that contracts me out to install GPS systems in trucks for oil companies. Our company also works for the military. I dontw ork on the military side though..

My "dream" is to own a restraunt. Liek a bar & Grill and have a stage to have live music with touring acts coming once or twice a week. But that is prolly a good bit off from right now.

I just sold (last month) my legal business of 12 years doing private investigations, skip tracing, court services and process service. Now I'm taking some time off and writing a book. Before that I was a cop in SoCal.

Graduated in Spring from San Diego State University with a bachelors in Criminal Justice Admin. Looks like I'm gonna be a cop for a few years for experience.

I've been working security at a bar/club since January and the previous 2 years before that I played online poker to pay my bills.

now getting my masters in public admin

now getting my masters in public admin

If you go into law enforcement with a masters degree, you will probably stay there for a while...promoting up at the command staff level in a few years...if you are cut out for the job.

Have you seen that show on TV called "The Academy"? One of my classmates in my academy is now a DI in the show.

If I had a masters, I'd apply for LASD, Secret Service or U.S. Marshals....then go for FBI after 5 years. It would depend on whether you want high pay or opps in the decision....We had a DEA agent in our academy who did alot of undercover ops in central america...he quit to make the big bucks in LA.

Good luck.

Cool! Where do you live right now dodolah? You got a portfolio up anywhere?

Cool!
I am also an illustrator.
But mostly works as a concept designer for characters designs and backgrounds.
Last company that I worked for was New Line Cinema.

For now I am getting my MFA at CSU Fullerton (Master of Fine Arts).

What I would give to spend a week at work with you!

Can request a high speed video of a praying mantis attacking a prey? That's something I've never seen before. (I keep chams and mantids)

Also, I have an ftp that you're welcome to upload as many of your videos to as you like. I loved that one that you posted, it was amazing.

I'll see if I can get a couple that I can post. The videos I've been recording are being filmed at 3000 frames/sec with a shutter speed of 1/10000 sec. I was still having some motion blur today with those settings filming some R. brevicaudatus. I've increased light and the shutter speed up to 1/15000 so hopefully that'll help. The other issue is that each video is a massive file. We have some good lab footage of vieleds but I'll need to see if its something I can post or not. Seeing the videos played back at 30 frames/sec is incredible though so I'll see what I can do.

Chris

Cool! Where do you live right now dodolah? You got a portfolio up anywhere?

I live in East Los Angeles..
I think I saw your comics or somewhat your works in comicon this year..
especially that "David" comic.
I am constructing my website soon, i've been putting it on and off lately...

Where do you live?
It's pretty rare to find fellow illustrators that are into entertainment design and
chameleon at the same time. :D

Slightly off topic

What I would give to spend a week at work with you!

Can request a high speed video of a praying mantis attacking a prey? That's something I've never seen before. (I keep chams and mantids)

Also, I have an ftp that you're welcome to upload as many of your videos to as you like. I loved that one that you posted, it was amazing.
My boy friend and I live in Maryland and just before it snowed last week we found a praying mantis outside at my college. It was very lethargic because it was very cold so we took it home....He thinks they are cool (they creep me out) We put it in a cage and fed it crickets and watered it and stuff and a few days later we found out it was a her. We have an egg sac. What on earth do we do with it? She died a few days later tho. I have to admit I was sad.

Last edited:
My boy friend and I live in Maryland and just before it snowed last week we found a praying mantis outside at my college. It was very lethargic because it was very cold so we took it home....He thinks they are cool (they creep me out) We put it in a cage and fed it crickets and watered it and stuff and a few days later we found out it was a her. We have an egg sac. What on earth do we do with it? She died a few days later tho. I have to admit I was sad.

let them hatch and give me one :)

LOL. Where are you from? I have to get them to live somehow after they hatch, which guessing by the temp of the house won't be too long...at least if I read about them correctly.

Back
Top Bottom