What are your "real" jobs

I am a Computer Service Engineer working on voice & speech systems in the Healthcare business for a company called Dictaphone. But I always wanted to be a veterenarian. I love animals. They are my passion.

WHOW!!!!!!! Great replies......I hope to be out of the field and working on my spice creation. I have had a lot of great buzz in the tri state area. Its been a challenge though. Would love to have the free time to have a great collection of chams......not for breeding but for fun. I like them as a pet....because you feed them....water them......look at them and enjoy it. My wife thinks I am a nerd.....but I might have her read some of these threads.....I guess she just doesnt understand a pet that you dont have to walk.....change litter....or watch your couch and chairs get torn up from claws.

oh well.......keep them coming....very interesting

Yet another student. getting my BA in photography at Brooks institute of Photography. Hoping to be a Forensic Photographer. real passion is nature photography though.
Howdy,
If you ever need super high quality large format prints ($$) my brother is www.weldoncolorlab.com down here in the Los Angeles area. Famous photographers fly-in from all around the world to get prints made by him. Need up to a 50" x 120" (digital or film stock) photographic paper print :)? (Inkjet is available too.) Lots of them get sold as art for really big bucks.

I'm going to art school and only have 10 classes left until I get my Bachelor's degree...:D On my free time I work for the family business. We produce live events in the bay area. My job is to design and build the stages before the event. Then Dee-Jay ambient music during the event.
3d_page09.jpg

I just saw this thread. I have wondered what other people do also. As for me I just started my 4th and last year of college. I will graduate as a registered dental hygienist and have an associates in science. (as long as I pass the board test :) ) As of now I work a couple days as a "servers assistant" to pay the few bills I have (still live with the family)

Have a good day!
Danielle

Preacher's wife. I spent 10 years in the military (USA, Germany, Japan)before leaving to attend Bible seminary in the Great Northwest. Here I met my husband, who is an ordained minister and general contractor. He builds for a private church organization, and teaches seminary classes in the evening. We both work out of our home, and have lived here for 20 years. Guido, our 3 yr old veiled chameleon, joined us 2 years 9 months ago.

Most hobbies offer entrance into a specific sub-culture. The "Chameleon Owner's Subculture", if you will, is much more diverse than I had anticipated. If it weren't, I don't think I would come to this forum as often as I do. Our local church congregation is comprised of people from many nationalities and walks of life, too. A blend of many different personalities. Glad to get a chance to "meet" some of you!

Dave Weldon I have heard of your brothers company. Heard they were really good. Never heard a bad thing about them. Matthew

I am currently a graduate student at USF in the Integrative Biology Department where I'm studying the feeding physiology of chameleons using high speed video and other techniques while I teach a couple undergraduate Biological Diversity lab sections.

Chris

A Color by any other name...

Art Director (advertising)

After college I started my own company specializing in entertainment advertising and progressive design.
Well, basically I did all kinds of stuff. posters, mag adverts CD/ DVD's, logo design conceptual stuff too -with clients all over.
Did really well with it, living here in San Diego.. it's a very competitive market.
All in all I had fun, but I eventually burned out on it all right about the time the rug
was pulled from under the market.

So I decided to step back a bit and get a "regular job" that I could leave after 5 pm.

It took some time, but I think I've gotten a new groove going with the panthers.
They're geeky enough to keep my interest and imagination going
while still affording the ability to make a little pocket change to pay their rent with.

Last edited:
I am currently a graduate student at USF in the Integrative Biology Department where I'm studying the feeding physiology of chameleons using high speed video and other techniques while I teach a couple undergraduate Biological Diversity lab sections.

Chris

When you get a chance, please upload some high speed feeding videos. That would be awesome to see.

I'm going to art school and only have 10 classes left until I get my Bachelor's degree...:D On my free time I work for the family business. We produce live events in the bay area. My job is to design and build the stages before the event. Then Dee-Jay ambient music during the event.
3d_page09.jpg

I want you to come pimp out my back yard with a tiki tiki theme :D Very cool stuff you do!

I'll see if I can get a couple that I can post. The videos I've been recording are being filmed at 3000 frames/sec with a shutter speed of 1/10000 sec. I was still having some motion blur today with those settings filming some R. brevicaudatus. I've increased light and the shutter speed up to 1/15000 so hopefully that'll help. The other issue is that each video is a massive file. We have some good lab footage of vieleds but I'll need to see if its something I can post or not. Seeing the videos played back at 30 frames/sec is incredible though so I'll see what I can do.

Chris

i work at the worlds largest pet store:rolleyes: Anybody heard of that fish place?

You mean "in beautiful Lancaster County, Pennsylvania?"

I used to get all of my fish supplies there for about 40% of what they charged in town.

I'm a stagehand, well, electrician, technically, but when you say that to most people, they imagine installation of circuit breaker boxes and the like. Basically, I keep the bright end of the light pointed towards the stage.

I'm also making cages again and am getting started with faux rock work...and cannot wait to combine the two!

I have a Bachelors from Indiana University in Biology (Molecular Genetics). I have never used my degree (would really require a Masters) and am currently a Quality Supervisor in statistical research. Upon growing up (LOL :)) I found that lab work is not for me! I am sincerely a people person.

You mean "in beautiful Lancaster County, Pennsylvania?"

I used to get all of my fish supplies there for about 40% of what they charged in town.

I'm a stagehand, well, electrician, technically, but when you say that to most people, they imagine installation of circuit breaker boxes and the like. Basically, I keep the bright end of the light pointed towards the stage.

I'm also making cages again and am getting started with faux rock work...and cannot wait to combine the two!

very cool that you work in lighting. Once I graduate college I will be learning how to use the GRANDMA lighting board. So I can start working with stage lights. Hopefully I'll get good enough to do some concert work in the future.

Originally Posted by Noseyambilobe22
i work at the worlds largest pet store Anybody heard of that fish place?

I went to school at Millersville and still drive up there to go to TFP. Great place. Any panthers? I have seen jackson's and veileds there before.

Anyway, I own my own real estate closing company. I work from home and work with bank helping to sell, coordinate and close foreclosure properties.

Back
Top Bottom