What am I? Diego Suarez?

I see:eek: I would think that line breeding would be frowned upon in the chameleon community therefore no real research on how far down the family tree you need to get to consider it not inbred. I know its done in snakes but I wonder if any top breeders are playing with this to see what the outcomes are and to see if they can get almost exact replicas. I doubt it though. Just my mind wandering around.

Nice website by the way!

Oh my Gosh :)

Oh my Gosh! It is Pippin for sure. Patterns are like fingerprints......How amazing that you found the exact source! I vote for keeping the name Pippin. Especially if you breed him. It will help others identify his bloodline in the future. He must have a lot of offspring out there already. It's like Royden and his new boy Yoda. Your Pippin will settle down in his coloration when he gets used to his new home. Yoda has been going through the same process. What excellent work in finding out who he is. You will have to talk to Liddy about him. Congrats :)

Oh My ! Just saw this thread, and that it is the same animal is pretty convincing. Hey, "mixed blood" was a part of my best guess, but not what I was hoping for :(. I admit to also not seeing the neon-blue in the picture as you describe. As is more evident with Pippin, even a red-barred Ambanja will usually still retain noticeable blue in its tail bars. Diego's have no blue. 3/16ths Tamatave takes some work as well. Wouldn't be surprised in the Diego milkman snook in there somewhere too.

Oh My ! Just saw this thread, and that it is the same animal is pretty convincing. Hey, "mixed blood" was a part of my best guess, but not what I was hoping for :(. I admit to also not seeing the neon-blue in the picture as you describe. As is more evident with Pippin, even a red-barred Ambanja will usually still retain noticeable blue in its tail bars. Diego's have no blue. 3/16ths Tamatave takes some work as well. Wouldn't be surprised in the Diego milkman snook in there somewhere too.

I should have made a note in the other thread. Sorry. I did think you were right on with the Diego Suarez, but Jake's got it. This is very interesting, indeed. I am the proud owner of one of the Kammer's retired breeders :eek:. But, actually, he is so stunning I would like to put him in our home somewhere in a decorative cage. Does anyone know of any websites? I'm thinking something with some wrought iron details.

We will call him Pippin. From the photo index dates, off the Kammer's site, it looks as though they had at least 2 successful clutches, each clutch hatching out over a monthlong period. We also own a son of their Bilbo.

Thank you, Cainschams for the nice words about the website.

Last edited:
Pippin isnt with the Kammers, they sold him a while ago. :)
Im keeping in touch with Liddy, and am expecting her so "certify" it after she looks at the pictures you took.

Jake

Back
Top Bottom