What a wonderful birthday I had .

dshuld

Chameleon Enthusiast
I'd like to present Ares and Athena :D:D:D:D:D. My birthday presents from my wife and some friends that "donated" to the "cause" lol. Though I ended up a completely different direction then I started out looking for, these two adorable little ones already have a special place in my heart lol. They came from Eric at Chameleons101. Ares is from his 14k line and Athena was sired by Dicky (Colorful Chams Dicky) on loan to Eric. Much like watching Blue as the days roll by, I can't wait to see these two mature. I'll try to get better pics then my unboxing pics after I get them home and all settled in.

But, big thank you to Eric @Chameleons101 and Colorful Chams for these two beautiful b day presents. And, a special thank you to @Matt Vanilla Gorilla for helping me look at/ pick out various chams this past weekend even though they weren't coming from your stock.

First up Ares and his grand sire 14k. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of his sire atm though. Hopefully I'll get one of him too if Eric's friend still has a pic :D. Both handsome little guys none the less though.
20171205_120737.jpg
IMG_20170130_164550.jpg

Next up is Athena and her sire Dicky. Both beautiful chams as well if you ask me :D.
20171205_120850.jpg
IMG_0283.jpg

Thank you @Katacara :D. I've been trying to decide if I want to build another enclosure completely or just plant boxes and screw commercial cages to the top of the boxes this time. I have them in a diy cages xxl atm and not really sure I like it tbh. @Krissy83 has already said she doesn't like it so that may have been my cue to build another one :eek: lol. I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing a sponsor because I'm not, I just don't think this one is for us. Eric said I should be good for another month maybe two before they need to be split other then for breeding purposes so I have a very small window to decide which route I want to go knowing it took me forever getting Blue's built lol. I may try a reptibreeze from Amazon so I can send it back if we don't like it any better then the diy cages one.

Last edited:
Short update on Ares and Athena. They are both starting their first shed with me so I'm excited to see what colors this shed will produce. Ares is already showing a good bit of color before his shed for 3 months old I think. Athena has been showing some nice red/ pink/ peach tones but I haven't gotten a pic of that yet. So far I've only captured her tan/ brown phase lol. Here's some pre-shed pics from over the weekend for now though.

20171209_161205-1.jpg
20171209_161217-1.jpg
20171209_161223-1.jpg

So darn CUTE!!!! Congrats again my friend! Your birthday present from me is on its way!

Thanks @Katacara !! You're a rock star!! I really appreciate it and I know Blue, Ares and Athena will be happy as clams eating my present from you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Yes happy birthday and might i say those charms are beautiful

Thanks @steve mcgarret!! Can't wait to see these two grow up and the hopeful babies they produce. I have plans to add some of @Matt Vanilla Gorilla ambilobe bloodlines into the mix at some point too with them.

Thanks @hopps31!! It'll probably be long before then for a Verrucosus I think lol. I really wanted a pair of masoala but these little ambilobe were to precious to pass up :D.Though, @Krissy83 is now in love with @Matt Vanilla Gorilla baby parson little foot. Her comment to me was " you've gotten some that you wanted now I get to pick some out" lmfao. She's turning into a chamaholic big time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

I have eggs cooking from @Matt Vanilla Gorilla. From both Skittles (Ambilobe) and Tourmaline (Ambanja). Also expecting his Nosy Be to lay any day now and I have eggs coming from that line as well. I am totally adicted to these darn things. My biggest fear is that after all 10 of my eggs hatch I won't be able to part with any of them! My plan was too keep the best one of each locality, but I already aquired another ambanja male so that I can keep a female ambanja if I get any. This hobby is addicting!

That's my ultimate goal in life :love:

:LOL: It's a good goal to have.
I have eggs cooking from @Matt Vanilla Gorilla. From both Skittles (Ambilobe) and Tourmaline (Ambanja). Also expecting his Nosy Be to lay any day now and I have eggs coming from that line as well. I am totally adicted to these darn things. My biggest fear is that after all 10 of my eggs hatch I won't be able to part with any of them! My plan was too keep the best one of each locality, but I already aquired another ambanja male so that I can keep a female ambanja if I get any. This hobby is addicting!

It definitely is. I'm hoping for a female nosy be from I believe it's yskoud and blueberry that should hopefully be hatching late Jan. And I'll have to wait for Skittles latest clutch to go to term since I missed his eggs last month lol. I found a local breeder that has 4 month old female nosy be but have some reservations I've talked with Matt about on them. Nothing to do with the animals themselves, more of a wtf moment when talking with the lady lol.

Sure is! Hopefully I can get one of the Nosy B's too!

@eric thompson , Ares just finished his second shed with me so thought I'd do an update since he was in a good spot for a couple of pics. He's got some nice greens coming in this time. Sadly my phone is having a hard time picking up everything I'm seeing in person though. Athena finished he second Tuesday but haven't been able to get a good pic of her new shades yet.

20180105_195110-1.jpg
20180105_195115-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom